Need help translating a postcard you've received?

Please post it in this topic, to get some help from the community! :slight_smile:

Someone will hopefully see your request and reply with a translation. If you know someone that could help translate a postcard that has been shared here, you can invite them to the discussion using the Share button at the bottom of the page. image

Note: posts in this topic will be regularly deleted, so that postcard messages don’t stay here for too long.

27 Likes

I recognize a couple of words and I can guess this stamp celebrates second place (silver :2nd_place_medal:) team Slovakia won in Men’s Ice Hockey World Championship in 2012.

6 Likes

祝 wish you
身体健康 good health
万事如意 good luck
精神愉快 happy everyday
事事顺心 everything goes well

弟 your brother,
浩佑 Haoyou (seems to be sender’s name)
敬上 (an honorific at the end of the letter to show respect to the receiver)

5 Likes

Someone could help me with this cursive writing?Thanks so much

1 Like

@CYAN_Y The writing between [ ] are my guesses. The card reads:

Hi…I’m [unknown name…maybe Heidy], a retiree in Calgary having work as a cost acct [accountant] for govt [government] infrastructure projects at a medical facility.
N.A. Indians (now the “indigenous”) maybe a minority group BUT hardly poor & hard done by. The First Nation people are well gov’t re-imbursed (that’s why the former PM Harper went after their mismanagement and disappearance of some $90M) by Treaty “rights”, capitalist ventures w/in [within] reservation boundaries only, & tax-free status. So all their “poverty” protests are absurd political drama.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
It helps a lot! :grinning:

2 Likes

Нужна помощь в том, чтоб понять почерк отправителя

1 Like

Here’s the translation :slight_smile:

“Hello Margarita, I am following your wish to use my mother tongue and I hope the translation software will not create nonsense. The picture is now 130 years old but the place still looks the same today. Greetings, … (I can’t decipher the sender’s name)”

2 Likes

Большое вам спасибо, вы очень мне помогли :slight_smile: хорошего дня, а если у вас сейчас ночь, то хорошего дня на завтра

3 Likes

You’re welcome and thank you for the kind wishes, the same to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good afternoon. A few days ago I received this postcard from China. Unfortunately, it is badly damaged, but I still like it. As far as I understand, here is a recipe for “Peking duck”. It is written in hieroglyphs. I am very interested to learn the original Chinese recipe, I will be very grateful for help with translation.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that is not the recipe for Peking duck ;w;
It’s a description on how to eat Peking duck:
“Peking duck is known for its reddish-brown color, crispy skin and rich flavour. Dip a slice of roasted duck in sweet bean sauce and place it on the lotus leaf cake. Add some green onion and cucumber, warp it up, and it’s ready to eat.”

7 Likes

Oh, thank you so much! Yes, it’s a pity that it wasn’t a recipe, but at least I know what it says. It sounds very appetizing.

2 Likes

Hello Postcrossers!
Please help translate the text into readable English or Russian.
With best wishes, Aleksandr.

1 Like

Hi Alelsandr,
I great you from Frankfurt (Oder), which is in Berlin and on the border with Poland. I’m studying German law there and I am now looking for a little change with Postcrossing. I am curious to see how long my cards will take to get to different countries, and, of course, what cards I will receive. I hope this brings a little variety into my daily life. I also hope you are well, healthy and able to make your dreams come true. Greetings, Phillip.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

A card for poetry TAG but I hardly know the writing.Anyone help?
Thanks a lots.

1 Like

Hallo @CYAN_Y
Greetings from Saarbrücken

It‘s a poem from Eduard Mörike. I can‘t read everything, but I found the original and translated it with Google:

He is it

Spring lets its blue ribbon
Flutter through the air again;
Sweet, well-known scents
Forebodingly roam the land.
violets are already dreaming
Want to come soon.
Listen, a soft harp sound from afar!
Spring, yes it’s you!
I heard you!

4 Likes

if its from a tag, isn’t just best to ask the sender? so in this case i believe is @TAENZER

2 Likes

It’s a translation of the poem:
“Frühling läßt sein blaues Band”

You can find the german and english version here:

2 Likes