Need help translating a postcard you've received?

Please post it in this topic, to get some help from the community! :slight_smile:

Someone will hopefully see your request and reply with a translation. If you know someone that could help translate a postcard that has been shared here, you can invite them to the discussion using the Share button at the bottom of the page. image

Note: posts in this topic will be regularly deleted, so that postcard messages don’t stay here for too long.

14 Likes

Hi everyone! Could someone help me with this snippet? The sender is from Belarus.
Thank you in advance! :smiley:

Надеюсь, что тебе понравится открытка! - I hope you’ll like the postcard!

1 Like

Thank youvery much! :smiley:

Hi
Can anyone help me with translation? (:

Hello Elisaveta! I am sending you my friendly thoughts from the Canton of Valais, located in the Swiss Alps. As you like pink (rose), I hope that this sunset glow will please you! Happy postcrossing, Carole
@Ellisaveta

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey postcrossers :blush:, can someone translate me this message:

The sender is from Taiwan.

Hello Postcrossers,

Can someone help me translate this card from Ukraine? I tried google translate with a photo but it didn’t help

Thank you!

1 Like

Can someone please help me translate the Hurray message from Czechia?

“děkuji za pšknou pohlednice je moc nádherná moc”

I tried Google translate, but only get more confused.

@ijsbeer9, hello!
it’s a part of poetry by Ліна Костенко, “Між іншим”

if it were my will,
I would write everywhere in italics:
"There’s so much sorrow in the world,
people, be mutually beautiful!

3 Likes

Oh wauw thank you for the translation! Sounds really nice

A Chinese Postcrosser decided to write me only in Chinese :crazy_face: I can’t understand anything. Also the postcard picture is Chinese text. Could somebody translate the message?

I think you got a mistake in the words, maybe it reads “děkuji za pěknou pohlednice…” That means “Thank you for the nice postcard.” For the rest I am not so sure, something like “it’s a very great thing.”

1 Like

Thank you, that makes more sense than Google translate :smiley:

Dear (name),

Wishing you the best of health, the best of luck in everything, a healthy and happy mind and spirit, and for everything to go smoothly.

From Hao You :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

the text:
Wish you and your partner all the best in the new year.
And wish you have a wonderful love!

the picture:
A full picture of Lake Taihu, Suzhou

(a beautiful lake in southeast China. Looks like this⬇️)

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Hello at all,

I’ve got this card from Azerbaijan and would like to know what the words on the back mean.

img615

1 Like