Questions about the forum

Sending PM:
Is it allowed to send a random someone a massage to ask if they wanna swap if there profile say open to direct swap ?

On the official side it is totally okay.

Here in the forum you should look to the #trades-requests-offers section if you find someone who offer cards that you like or you open a new topic showing your offers and telling which cards you would like to receive.

3 Likes

Be very cautious when considering swaps on the Official side. As Billie pointed out, the Forum is a great way to swap postcards.

Speaking for myself, I do not appreciate getting messages about swaps as I have indicated that I am not interested.

1 Like

I have had a few cards with wording on the front in a language I don’t speak,
anyway I can get them translated. Tried asking the sender but no response. Thank you.

We have a special topic where you may ask for help with translation: - ‼ updated rules - Need help translating a postcard you've received?

Mostly the answers are fairly fast, especially for the more common languages.

For easy texts the “Google Lens” app is quite helpful, too.

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: [INCOMING FIX] Postbot sometimes doesn’t reply

hello. I was updating my profile today and came across something called User Card Background. I don’t know how its been used. But I have uploaded a photo to check it out. Where can I find this feature been used?

Thanks

UPDATED: I have found it!! :blush:

You can see the user card when you click on the avatar of a user.

That is mine.
And in the background you see a peace dove (the same as my avatar)
And this is what is meant by “user card background.”

And if you click on the username in the user card you can see the whole profile.

4 Likes

Now I get it. Thank you.
Its actually a nice feature. :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I have a question about reply on the forum.
By mistake i replied here on my earlier message in stead of replying the topic.

I tried to remove the reply and post a new one, but that was not possible because it was the same message. It’s not a big problem, but can I change it? Can i remove the “reply on molletje” and reply normal in the topic, not on a specific post?

Thank you.

Actually, it doesn’t matter whether you replied to your own post or to the topic .
But you can delete your post by clicking on the recycle bin under your post and then writing a new post.
If the system says it’s not possible because it’s the same post like before, then you just have to change a word or put a smiley somewhere or make an extra dot.

2 Likes

Thank you, Bille.
You are right, it’s not important, I agree. And now there are three likes so i don’t want to distroy it. But i feel better now I know how to fix it. Thank you. Next time, i will fix it when it goes wrong. Thank you for helping me.

1 Like

Hello!
I stopped Postcrossing for about 2 years and very recently restarted. I used to be an active member on the Forum and at that time I used a different nickname from the one I used on the official site.

I tried to use my former nickname on the forum as I did before but I could not do so. Would you please tell me how to do it? Or is it not availabel any more?

Thank you in advance!

The old forum can’t be used anymore. It is read-only now.
In this new forum, your forum username must be the same with your official postcrossing account username.

3 Likes

And if you want to change your forum username, you have to change your Postcrossing username and it will automatically be the same: https://www.postcrossing.com/edit/account

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! I will try that.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :question: Пару вопросов

You have posted this on the forum though. :thinking:
Do you mean a private message? You can start one by clicking on an avatar and then the blue button “Message”. Or go to your PM inbox and click “New Message”.
Do you mean the old forum? Nobody can write there anymore. It is read-only. You will have to contact your friends via this new forum or the official postcrossing website.

Everybody receives an invitation to the tutorial when they first log in to the forum. You can find it in your personal messages, it should be the oldest message. Click your profile picture in the upper right corner, and then the envelope symbol Screenshot_2022-08-30-05-35-29-011_com.android.chrome twice to get to your message inbox.
You can also start a new tutorial by starting a new message to postbot or yourself and writing @postbot start tutorial
To start the advanced tutorial, type @postbot start advanced tutorial