In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner - for everyone who don't know Chinese

Hello. I need this book for my article but I couldn’t find an e-book at internet. Some universities in China have this book but because I don’t live in China I can’t access it. If someone can access this book for my stead and send it to me as pdf I’ll be most grateful. if you want to help you can check which universities has this book as e-book from the website below. Thanks in advance

你好!

Is anyone having a trouble with sending postcards to Ukraine?

我建议你选择黑体抄写,黑体汉字更简单,没有宋体那么多艺术性

The postal route from China to Ukraine varies from time to time. At present, it seems that it needs to be transmitted through other countries.

大家好,中国朋友!
I started learning Chinese recently, which I mentioned in my profile. Today I received a wonderful postcard from China, but unfortunately my low level of knowledge of Chinese does not allow me to fully understand what is written on it :cry:
I would be very grateful if you could translate this for me :heart::love_letter:

1 Like

@imooomi

Kseniya, happy Dragon Year!
It is the Lunar New Year in China now, sending New Year wishes to you.
The picture on the card shows the city I’m in - the street view of Quanzhou. This is a UNESCO World Heritage city, with 22 sites. The wooden puppet on the stamp is also our intangible cultural heritage.
Hope you will like it.
Best wishes,
(name)

1 Like

Thank you so much!
Happy postcrossing💌

1 Like

No problem :sunglasses:

PS. The suitable place for a translation request is in this thread: Need help translating a postcard you've received?
For your future reference

1 Like

Hello :blush:
I would like to know how much postage costs are when sending postcards from Shanghai to various countries, but I can’t find a website. Can you tell me where I should look :sob:?

2 Likes

Hi @naaaothin! Have a look at this wiki — it should answer that question. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Nao @naaaothin
Sending from Shanghai to any city in the mainland costs 0.8 yuan; If you plan to send from Shanghai to two Special Administrative Regions of China and Taiwan Province it will cost 4 yuan by air, and only 3.5 yuan by land and water; If sent to a foreign country, it costs 5 yuan by air, 3.5 yuan by land and water, and 4.5 yuan by air and land.

2 Likes

Hello!
Here is China Post’s international service postage website:
Chinese version: 国际函件资费表 - 中国邮政集团有限公司
English version: Airmail items - ChinaPost

3 Likes

@meiadeleite
I didn’t know there was a wiki.
Thanks for the advice :sob: :heart:

@Aaron-Alison
That’s exactly the information I wanted to know.
Thank you for explaining it concisely. :sob: :heart:

@ouuuu
I’ve been looking for this easy-to-understand price list for a long time !! It was very helpful to me to learn both English and Chinese :sob: :heart:

Thank you so much to everyone who responded quickly !!!

4 Likes

Hi, Hope from Germany here :slight_smile:
I began with Postcrossing for over 2 years ago and I noticed, that I only received 3 cards from China (March - August 2023) and sent 8 cards. Is there a problem with chinese mail sending to Germany or is it just a coincidence, that I only have this small amount? I’m just curious! :slight_smile:

In response to this problem, I specifically took a look at my sending and receiving records.
Although I have not received many, I have received 5 cards from Germany so far, accounting for 1/3. However, I have only drawn 2 addresses of German users, accounting for 1/7. I think the reason for this difference is that the number of users in the two countries is quite different.
But if you would like to receive a postcard from China, I would be happy to offer an exchange!
I had a smooth experience swapping postcards with German users! :wink:

Are these stamps Chinese? Can you help me to identify them?

1 Like

From top to buttom:

Soviet Union
Communist-controlled China
Republic of China
Japan

3 Likes

Thank you so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray:

1 Like

All these stamps are very old
The second one is a stamp that marks the free of Guangzhou(around 1950)and the third one maybe can be dated back to1927~1949

2 Likes

Dear Weng,
Thank you so much for your comments :pray: :green_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like