Welcome to the Forum!

Hello everyone! I’m Xiao Ming from China. I’m a high school student who stays up all day. It’s a good pastime to send postcards to different people in my boring study life. I like drawing, reading and collecting some interesting things. I’m glad to meet you.

3 Likes

Hi,
My name is Jean-Baptiste, I live in France! I have been practicing postcrossing since 2018! Passionate about nature, animals, photography, postcards and stamps! :slight_smile:

I wish you a nice day!
Jean-Baptiste

2 Likes

My username on the old forum was Kasab,
later it was mtts.
And finaly it was HMKM

Now I added the flag representing KM to my username. I know this is not correct use of flag alphabet.

Q. Where could I ask if someone has seen flag alphabet postcards.

Hi all!
I started postcrossing over a year ago, but I haven’t been on the forum much. Just once I think. My name is Eija and I live about 30 km from our capital Helsinki.
I love to write cards (obviously!), letters and receive both. I love beautiful stamps and nice stickers too. I’m also an avid reader, I always have a book to read in the evening. Then I like to knit and sew, but not daily. :wink: And mostly I love walking in the beautiful nature of Finland!
Great to be here!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
Greetings from Moscow! My name is Natasha. I started postcrossing in September 2020. It’s been a tough year for me and so I began making small changes in my life, like doing things that are not exactly necessary - volunteer work, postcrossing and so on, just little steps in strange, totally random directions - and it helped. Therefore I am grateful for this small hobby, for its amazing community and for all the postcards I have received and sent so far. I enjoy sending postcards to people. And the thought that there are postcrosses even in Antarctica is somehow more soothing to me than the thought of the vaccine. Being a part of it all definitely makes me happier. Love to all of you!

3 Likes

This is Richard from the North of England. Unfortunately no mail is leaving our country at the moment due to the new strain of Covid-19 that’s been discovered here.
Apologies to anyone I’m writing to. Your card will be delayed.

1 Like

Welcome to the Postcrossing Forum Community, @einkeri @Waxwingshadow, @stoatonstilts and all other new faces!

Hopefully you enjoy this friendly community a lot.

Wow, I hadn’t heard about that in the news. I am aware of very strict travel restrictions, though. Well, logical: No traveling, no mail can go into the planes :frowning: o meanwhile enjoy the digital communication about mail and postcards here!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m Alison, a Canadian who lives in Portugal now (and is also officially a Portuguese citizen as of 5 years ago). I probably won’t write or visit this forum too much as I do a great deal of my work online and I joined Postcrossing to have some interactions with people via actual physical mail. But it is nice to say hello as I never know when I might bump into an old friend or a new about-to-become a friend. I work with artisanal, small-scale fishing communities in the Azores Islands, Portugal. I am working on a photo narrative book with them right now - it should be finished next year. As part of the project, we also made postcards with a selection of photos from the book, so these are the ones that I am sending. If you are interested, you can find pdf copies of the postcards as well as more information about the project on https://nineislands.wordpress.com

I was very happy to find Posstcrossing because I believe that postcards and other post activity such as MailArt are terrific, but undervalued and almost forgotten ways to interact with other people.
cheers,
Alison

5 Likes

Hello Truenorth_49,
A few days ago, I was listening to CBC Radio on the internet from the Winnipeg station! I don’t normally tune into that station, usually I listen to Toronto, my former much missed home city. It was very nice as I have friends in Manitoba and I was reminded of the very windy, very cold weather you have there. Cheers from a fellow Canadian, Alison

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Samantha, I’m 24, brazilian and graduated in Journalism. I’m a SEO Analyst and in love with everything related to marketing, nature and traveling! Hope we can get in touch!

4 Likes

Hi all! My name is Kate, and I’m a long time stamp collector, fairly recent Postcrosser. :canada: I collected postcards as a kid (wish I had kept that collection!) but now am adding to my stamp-related collections as well. Postcards are awfully cute these days.

I love Hello Kitty, Owls, Comic/Cartoons and Books on postcards (as well as stamps!). I’ve sent my first five card and have since received a lot more cards I ordered online for further postcrossing and swapping.

4 Likes

Welcome, Katie! You need a lot of patience! Postcards travel slow and in the pandemic even slower, so it may take two or three weeks or even more before you get your first card.

2 Likes

Hi girls and guys, I am Arnaud from the north of Paris, France (near Compiègne city) . I am a postcrosser since 2018 and like trying every week a new experience. I like learning something new every day also. I didn’t know there is a forum in the website. When I talk about postcrossing to people around, most are stunned and interested too but they are too shy to try. I like also practicing Nordic Walking and geocaching.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Miriam from Germany, My collegues brought me to postcrossing and Im curious what’s happening here. I am 59J old and a misic loving doctor

Ich schreibe auch gerne auf Deutsch,
parlo anche l’italiano

Greetings Miriam

6 Likes

Greetings from the beautiful, verdant Salish Sea area of the pacific northwest of the U.S.

I was introduced to Postcrossing a few months ago by listening to a YouTube episode of #Philately with an interview with Sam West. I keep my received and new cards and stamps in antique cigar boxes --not sure how long I’ll be able to do that before running out of space. Now I’m on my 23rd received and my 16th sent.

I’m loving the kindness connectedness, geography and philately of Postcrossing!

Best wishes to all,
Stacy

6 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Molly, and I’m writing from the San Francisco Bay Area in northern California, US. I discovered postcrossing online on a whim and am excited to start writing and recieving lots of postcards.

Happy new year to you all!

3 Likes

Welcome Molly! I hope you will enjoy Postcrossing as much as I still do after almost 13 years. :wink:
Happy new year!

2 Likes

Hi dear postcrossers, my name Irma and i live in a small town in the Netherlands. I have discovered postcrossing sinds this summer. As we are hot able to travel now, this a pretty good alternatieve. I really Emily It very much . Have a great Day today. Irma.

3 Likes

Hi my name is Betsy and I have been doing postcrossing for about 2 1/2 years and sending postcards is now my favorite hobby. I collect mermaid postcards. I make my own postcards and collages. I love hearing others stories and histories and finding commonalities between all of us. There is always something.

3 Likes

Dear fellow Postcrossers
My name is Virginia and I’m a 44 y/o from Switzerland.
I love to receive “hellos” from all over the world. To me it’s a great way to connect with people through my mailbox. I love everything slow and analogue. So Postcrossing is a piece in the puzzle of this lifestyle that brings lots of joy and optimism. It makes me feel the world is after all a human and a loving place.
I would also love to find friends via Postcrossing to get to know better and to stay in contact. I am still hoping to find a snail mail friend for life. That would be utterly lovely.
I hope you all do very well despite Covid.
Greetings from Switzerland, ( If you like to know anything about Switzerland, just ask me)
Virginia

6 Likes