German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

:pushpin:   MEETUP PLACE: Museum für Kommunikation Berlin (Leipziger Straße 16, 10117 Berlin-Mitte)
:calendar:   DATE: 7 October 2022
:alarm_clock:   TIME: 12:30pm - 4:30pm
:page_facing_up:   MEETUP PLAN: Celebrate the launch of the new Postcrossing stamp in Germany

Hi everyone! :wave:

You may have heard that a Postcrossing-themed stamp will be launched in Germany in 2022! This is a super exciting event for the whole community, but especially for the German postcrossers, who have asked for this stamp for so long.

So naturally, there will be a special launch meetup event! It will take place at the Museum for Communications in Berlin, in their Lichthof (aka, the central atrium). There will be some tables and chairs, as well as a temporary post office from Deutsche Post, where you can get some stamps and postmark them with the special cancellation marks.

Note that entry in the museum has a cost of €6, and gives you access to the whole museum.

We’re preparing a special meetup card too, the design of which will match the stamp. :heart_eyes: More on that later!

We’ll post more information here as we go along, and you can watch or track this topic to be notified of any updates.

We’re really happy about it, and look forward to the launch of this much awaited stamp! :tada:

76 Likes

Participants (provisory list)

We are not sure yet on whether there will be a limit to the number of participants, but we hope to know this soon as well as other details! In the meantime, as many have already expressed interest in participating, we are keeping a list of those that requested a spot:

1. @reiselustig
  2. @tetsuko
  3. @Jess-Cee
  4. @MagicMarie
  5. @Millefolia
  6. @elfelina
  7. @packrat
  8. @sthiede68
  9. @PasoDoble
  10. @dackelerna
  11. @AnKaBeGu
  12. @fullmoon
  13. @Joeyana
  14. @Miss_Amy
  15. @Lesende
  16. @TOM336
  17. @letjhanna
  18. @Vorti
  19. @carrolvir
  20. @Planetenbummler
  21. @andrea209
  22. @bambiix3
  23. @Herkenbe
  24. @Ich_bin_Berliner
  25. @zijiekarsten
  26. @Daggimaus
  27. @wandafan
  28. @Geminiscp
  29. @Meowpurr
  30. @Caradeangel
  31. @Nicaulie
  32. @Wolfgang_Russ
  33. @Robinchen
  34. @ctr
  35. @Lotty
  36. @lauranalanthalasa
  37. @sandra0504
  38. @paradonym
  39. @Lilou_lavande
  40. @Moniette
  41. @Brilly
  42. @Karlotti
  43. @xanafg
  44. @VintageMila
  45. @nanda0560
  46. @teamug
  47. @miferkolb
  48. @mariescards
  49. @Cassiopheia
  50. @Tini2018
  51. @Cassisia
  52. @Antjelino
  53. @manuchka
  54. @friesendeern
  55. @Maikind16
  56. @SylviaAugustin
  57. @Mattjes
  58. @Nadjafee
  59. @Manu86
  60. @frewen
  61. @stancy_starlight
  62. @Katrin1778
  63. @Namibia13
  64. @BFabian
  65. @soehler-chebbi
  66. @kiddy67
  67. @nadelhoelzchen + child
  68. @Mattin62
  69. @sunylovemusic
  70. @Feuerstuhl
  71. @mihneaR
  72. @Bluriel
  73. @chrisskywalker
  74. @brillen-bubi
  75. @Sanni87
  76. @Lilou_lavande
  77. @jofemapa
  78. @annibaer
  79. @verfy
  80. @Herkules
  81. @Heidruni
  82. @mikebond
  83. @Pigglet
  84. @Annerie
  85. @Kaydee
  86. @manencov
  87. @Rita25
  88. @AntjeB
  89. @SuMi25
  90. @Calendula_Bleu
  91. @meiadeleite
  92. @Paulo
  93. @kroete68
  94. @mondkind
  95. @reisegern
  96. @Speicher3

Maybe

@riek1955
@Kavaara
@heureka
@Jetske
@BrokkoliKatze

9 Likes

Wow that sound great - just like reiselustig - count me in when I’m available that day. Hope Corona will be gone until that date too.!

1 Like

I can’t wait for the date, I’ll probably go no matter what! Please put me on the list, when the date is set. Yes, I’m in the Netherlands, but I’m German and have been bugging the postal services in Germany for a postcrossing-stamp just as much :relaxed:

3 Likes

That’s so awesome!! :heart_eyes: :partying_face:
So great news! Finally!
Of course I’m in too!
And I will immediately start so safe enough money to get stuffed with maaaany, many stamps! :wink:

1 Like

oh that sounds so wonderfull :wink:

2 Likes

nice, if you start a list, count me in!

Oh yes! That’s nearly a must have for participating because it’s in my ‘hometown’ to boot.
I will be there!

Great news indeed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great and I want to participate if I have the chance.

1 Like

Perfect, please count me in for this event. I keep an eye on it, its not far away from home.
Cheers

1 Like

I would be pleased to join this meetup. Please count me in.

Hooray.
This might be silly but do we have some kind of idea what the stamp will look like?

We’ve been waiting for this for years - I definitely want to be there if I can somehow arrange it :smiley:

Great!
I live in Berlin and surly I will join the meeting!

1 Like

The design will only be made public 6 weeks before the issue date. I know this doesn’t help much because the issue date hasn’t been announced yet, but soon! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

If you need help to find a room or something else, please contact me.

Maybe we can use the room (for up to 40 people), which we use weekly for Board Game Nights (if that is possible again at some point and when it isn’t booked for the date). (its a parish hall with toilets and kitchen)

2 Likes

Sounds great and I am looking forward to the German Postcrossing stamp. :slight_smile: If you start a list, please count me in.

I guess there will be more participants than 40?
I will try to take a day off or two to come to Berlin for that event (hopefully we will not be on holiday - it is a pity that we do not know the date so far!)

1 Like

I think we will definitely be more than 40, if the pandemic allows. :slight_smile:

@AnKaBeGu thank you for the offer though, we appreciate it! We have a location in mind that can accommodate a large group — let’s see if it is available, when we receive a confirmation of the dates.

3 Likes