German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

do you know who designs it?

Deutsche Post usually is very reclusive with their stamp designs. They usually have different artist design the stamp and then decide which one they like best. I think we’ll only know once they announce the final design. I hope they’ll talk to Ana and Paolo about it!

1 Like

Is there some kind of call for artists?

If there is one, I don’t know where it is. ^^

I saw a call for artists on the Deutsche Post website a few weeks ago.

Voting for the stamps designed by children will start on November, 2nd.
https://www.deutschepost.de/de/b/kinder-malen-eine-briefmarke.html

3 Likes

I would be pleased to join this meeting. Happy about a postcrossing stamp. Please count me in if you start a list.

1 Like

Hello, I’m so excited and I really hope that I will be able to attend the meeting.

[image]

That’s a very nice idea!
I work in a school and also invited many classes to participate. Even our art teacher put this paiting competition (with the head topic “Your idea in terms of sustainibility”) on the real schedule. That was fun!
But they got over 3.OOO ideas and drawings in total. So unfortunately none of my students paintings got selected by the jury for the final online - voting. But it was fun anyway. Some of the students never even had a real stamp in their hands! So beside the environmental part I teached them also a lot of basic know how about the German mail sytem.

7 Likes

Wow! That’s great! I hope I can attend this meeting, but I have already signed up for two meetings in Germany next year (Nuremberg in April and Potsdam on 7 May - my birthday!), so I’m not sure if I can / want to travel to Germany three times in a year! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

2 Likes

Count me in!

for information: The stamp will probably be released on October 6th. It will have a value of 95 cents.

7 Likes

If the price for international mail will stay 95 - I assume it will rise to 1€ but we will see

1 Like

anyone tells me, that 0,95 € for international postcards will stay in 2022

2 Likes

Okay. Never found any official announcement about it. But would be good if its true

1 Like

actually the prices within Germany are raised, but international it stays the same look here:

https://www.deutschepost.de/content/dam/dpag/images/A_a/aenderungen/dp-geplante-preisanpassungen-ab-1-1-2022.pdf

4 Likes

Thank you :+1:

1 Like

I will participate as well, keep me informed!

Hello,
That’s a great thing . Please put me on the list of participants and keep me informed about the date.
Thank you, Eva — TOM336

1 Like

Wow, finally! I’d also love to come, please put me on the list (if there is one already)! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Count me in, please