Questions about the forum

Tried to send you a PM, @Bille Not sure if I did it correctly at this point.

This is a very simple question - but I can’t seem to find the answer on my own. How do I bookmatk a topic? I tried a few things, including searching for it, but can’t figure it out!
Thanks in advance!

Hope this helps :blush:

1 Like

Perfect! I just did it. I don’t know how I missed it!
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi, I would like to ask a question about this

If this is checked, I presume no one can send me a PM, yes?
Can I send people messages then?

What if they were already in a previous PM with me? Would this setting affect them from sending me a second message (in the same thread)?

If you tick this box, you can enter specific users who are allowed to send you a PM.
If you don’t check the box, anyone can send you PMs.

However, you will probably be able to send PMs to all users - unless they have ticked this box and not entered your name.

This was a wrong answer because I looked to the wrong box.

Right answer:

When you tick this box everyone can send you a message:

Oops, I meant to ask what happens if I check the box.

I presume if there’s no names in the users section, it’s a blanket ban on PMs from other people, yes?

And would this be affected by the blanket ban?

There is no blanket ban, but I don’t know what happen if they were already in a previous PM with you.

Edit:
Ahh, sorry, so you mean that if you click on the box and don’t enter any names, then basically no one can send you a message? I don’t know.

Interesting - I guess I will find out eventually :joy:

You could try it with another person.
The change can be reversed at any time.

Yes, I meant to ask this as well - I guess I will know what happens eventually :laughing:

I cant send you message. The message button is missing when I click your profile.

Well that is this question answered

As tested by @VeraJunior, previous PMs are not affected by checking the box!

I just tried this experiment, and it seemed like I could send a message in an existing PM thread!

However, I can’t start a new PM. The message button shows on your profile and I can start a draft, but when I click send I get an error “Sorry, Seracker is not accepting messages at the moment”

I like how we are finding out about the limits of the forum together :relaxed:

In summary:

If one has not been in contact before: there is no message button

If one has been in contact before: the previous PM thread is unaffected. However a new PM thread cannot be started

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Forum update (Discourse 3.0)

Several Forum members have a second icon that appears between their user name and national flag icon. I remember reading something about how you do that, but, try as I may, I can’t find the instructions again. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?
… and Thanks!
:turtle:

1 Like
1 Like

Here’s step by step screenshots to how to set a custom status, if you want that.

3 Likes