Questions about the forum

Yes, I discovered that immediately after I asked the question. :smile: I’m literally LOL at myself! I’ve been getting on this site for a little while, only to send and register cards. Didn’t know a forum could be so fun! I remembered Germany because everyone on my maternal grandmother’s side is German! Fun fact: We have TWO different Meyer lines! I’m pretty sure they’re prob related somewhere along the way and that my family tree at a certain point becomes a family stick! :grin:

2 Likes

I came here to ask the same question about unliking a post or removing the :heart:. I had similar experience, realized I did not want to offer my support there after reading it again later for more understanding, but now I can’t remove the :heart:.
Le sigh.

1 Like

Something that’s been niggling me for a while, and I’ve been seeing this “problem” quite a bit recently. To do with chain lotteries - if we win one lottery, we accept when we enter that if we win we must start a new one within 5 days. But what I’m seeing is quite a lot of people saying “I won 2, 3, or more lotteries, so I’m continuing the chain by offering [just] one prize”. Have I somehow got this wrong? Surely if they’ve won 3 lotteries, they should be offering 3 prizes?

5 Likes

My parents are 8th cousins from different lines back to the same Dutch immigrant in the 1600s.

Card Id #'s for swaps:

I have several swap cards that I am sending or receiving. I heard you have to start having the cards you’ve been assigned received and entered as such. Do we count swap or pen pal cards at all? I have heard it both ways & want to be sure I am entering everything as i should.

Thanks for all you do

Jadzeea

No, swap cards do not receive an ID and consequently do not need to be registered.
If you receive a card from a swap or penpal, you can either let the sender know in the swap-topic that the card has arrived or you can write a PM.

1 Like

Thank you for the fast response. I would prefer it if we q but I understand that would be much more work for the monitors.

I think what you heard is about cards for Round Robins or group swap (if there’s any). There are a lot of groups in some RR so if you join, you have to write the RR’s name and your group’s number so other participants and the host can find it quickly. :smiley:

Unless, if you and your penpal wants to count the cards each time you send one.

1 Like

Oh no, I made a mistake -

I was trying to make a post in the Lotteries section of the Forum, but I started writing it on a “New Post” that I had opened in the “General Topics” category. :flushed:

Now it’s stuck in Pending Status. It definitely needs to be recategorized to games-activities/lotteries

Can a moderator or someone with a higher trust level help? Thank you :pray:

UPDATE: Whoever finds it in pending status can just delete it. I am going to try to repost now in the correct place. :smiley: Hopefully that will mean less work for you!

UPDATE 2: I successfully posted the Lottery here. https://community.postcrossing.com/t/chain-lottery-northern-cardinal-peony-state-bird-and-flowers/643178
The original/bad post is still in Pending status. It can be deleted.

1 Like

I guess you can flag the pending topic with “something else” and tell there it can be delected.

2 Likes

Hi! Need your help as I never faced this before. I can’t see the messages history in one of conversations in PM. What can be the reason? There’s only …/4 where I can scroll and see messages but it’s quite uncomfortable. I’ve one more message just to check and now it’s …/5, the view version haven’t changed.

Looks like some bug. It happened with me also yesterday. But today I can see the messages.

1 Like

@postcardssend
There are the title “Suggested Messages” .
Can’t you find any button to “All Messages”?
Maybe from Topic controls or from Watching ?

I’m using the table version, not a phone. But I can find all messages from the avatar (my cat picture, your face picture) in the right corner. When I click the avatar and then double click the envelope picture, there are all messages (sent and received separately).

Tried this yesterday too, didn’t work. I wrote about the issue to a member with whom is this chat, asking is everything ok on his side. Today he wrote “Can you check if it’s visible now?” And now it is visible :grinning: Idk what was that, maybe some settings on his side…

Hi, is there a way to check if I already participated in a discussion/lottery etc without having to scroll all the thread?
I don’t know if here’s the right place to ask, sorry if I’m at the wrong place…

You can search with a magnifying glass :mag:
Enter your @name in the topic you want to search and choose “in this topic”.
Then you will be shown the posts you have written in this topic, if there are any.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

On our profile stats what’s the difference between read time & recent read time?

read time = all time since you joined the forum
recent read time = within the last 60 days

On the desktop or laptop, you can see it by hovering the mouse pointer over the time.

1 Like

@AspergerSadie, I’m sorry you’re upset.
But since we already have a topic of your theme, it’s normal that both are be mixed. This automatically closes the topic that is not being continued.
If we were to discuss all topics several times, it would become very confusing here and in order to keep the forum as tidy as possible, topics are merged.
But if you have a question about that you can send of course a PM to a moderator or you flag your post and ask via “Something else”.

Yes, you’re right that some users don’t like it, but the majority do. Many users bring it to the attention of others or us moderators when they see that a new topic has been posted whose theme already exists.

This does not affect you personally, but all users are affected by the requirement for topics to be approved in certain categories.

2 Likes