World Postcard Day 2021! 🎉

Excuse me! For the first time I write on the forum) “Congratulations to everyone on the World Postcard Day!!! I’m still waiting, 1.10 will come in 3 hours local time”

15 Likes

Thanks! I am very pleased!:hugs:

Yes the same. If I draw an address at 1 or 2am, the date shows still the previous day… Normally it wouldn’t matter but now I need to wait until morning/evening :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

:tada: “Happy world postcard day !” :world_map:

“世界 ハガキの日 おめでとう!” :jp:
(sekai hagakinohi omedeto!)

I’d like to enjoy the time to make tea and write postcards in the afternoon. :blush:

8 Likes

Yes, I also draw an address in 00:02 and it’s shown as 30 September. I have some slots so I don’t worry, but I thought I’ll write my postcards now - can’t wait for a morning.
Is it ok or already drawn addresses will not count?

If it’s already past midnight in your timezone, then it will count for the badge (even if it says September 30)— no worries!

11 Likes

Happy world post card day folks… We are one family under this post crossing…

1 Like

I need one send address today. Can you arranged me please

In Tamil

உலக அஞ்சலட்டை தின நல்வாழ்த்துகள்

(happy world postcard day)

3 Likes

Hey HelenT!
Long time no see!! I would love to get a card from you!! Can send one of mine to you if you like!

Regards
Pixiedustlady

Send it to me! I’ll get one back to you! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey wow. Sure. I will send you one special post card… For this world postcard day - for chennai postcrossers meet day special card will send you

1 Like

Image removed by the Administrator as it showed people’s addresses.

Happy world post card day

1 Like

I’m late to the thread but I’m preparing mine now! :slight_smile: How do we get a badge or have I missed it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was a little too eager, I guess. I think I shut down Postcrossing. I’m in the Eastern Time Zone US with New York City, Cincinnati, and Atlanta. Took forever to get the first address and it shut down when I tried for my second. But I filled my remaining for slots and trotted down to my mailbox.

One of my neighbors was getting off work and was surprised to see my out at 1 AM.

I explained it was World Postcard Day.

“You just make that up!” She accused me.

I explained it was a real thing and she wanted to know when Works Telegram day was… Since I celebrated antiquated communication holidays. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

It was a little more time consuming this time to get addresses, but I got them. Happy world postcard day!!!

1 Like

Y’all I was so psyched for my first WPD —- I was waiting for midnight to draw some addresses.

Ended up drawing at 2am 4 addresses (15 mins apart) and then started writing/decorating :star_struck::heart::memo:

15 Likes

I kept 4 slots for today… but 2 more opened up just a day before… so I will be sending 6 now… (btw, I only can send 10 postcards at a time)

2 Likes

Hurray! Happy World Postcard Day to all of us! :tada: :tada: :tada:

Please share lots of pictures of your postcards (without the addresses) — we look forward to seeing them on their way to the postbox!

13 Likes

And if you’ve always wanted to send a postcard to a meerkat… :smiley:

5 Likes