World Postcard Day 2021! 🎉

Now that Hawaii has joined the party, I think 99.9% of the world is celebrating World Postcard Day for the next hour or so, before New Zealand slips into Saturday! :tada::tada::tada:

(minus some island nations in the Pacific which are still in yesterday and some that are in Saturday already :sweat_smile:)

11 Likes

Those will start their :postbox: journey in the next few minutes :star_struck: All of them are decorated with the sticker :blush:

14 Likes

There’s one WPD card here. The rest my hubby and I wrote yesterday. We aim to write about ten more between us today.

17 Likes

When the card gets registered, you should get the badge. That’s what I understood at least :slight_smile:

Wow! How many are you sending??? That looks like a lot of cards! No hand cramp? :slight_smile:

These are my cards for World Postcard Day.
I’ll take it to the post office in a moment and then the journey will begin… :slightly_smiling_face:
Arrive safely!

12 Likes

I’m ready! Coffee postcards and pen! Bring on the addresses!!! Happy World Postcrossing Day!!!

8 Likes

Sending you a PM

My cards are now off for postal travel adventures :blush:

10 officials and 10 to family, friends and penpals :blush:

9 Likes

I’m so excited! I just sent out my first official WPD cards ever, and one of the 4 random addresses I got was one of someone I’ve talked to here on the forums! It was a pleasant surprise that their name was the last slot that filled for me!

10 Likes

I LOVE your Snoopy card in German! Super Cool!!

2 Likes

Here is my big batch for the day, just went into the mailbox!
And some examples of decorated backs.

17 Likes

Things are a little bit intense on Postcrossing at the moment, so the website is taking a little break while Paulo tries to improve things. Please be patient — we hope to be right back! :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Taking a break from these…

I wrote 9 cards sofar today, 6 officials and 3 for WPD swaps.

15 Likes

Happy World Postcard Day

1 Like

I sent these cards today with these stamps📮
And I already drew some more addresses, I’ll write them in the evening :grin:

10 Likes

My share in the WPD. :partying_face:

7 Likes

Just a few to go out for WPD from here.

(And a few more postcards bought in celebration)

7 Likes

quick walk to the postbox :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The cards I ordered at a printing service got delayed by DHL… so I don’t have the official postcard design today :cry:

But I just got home from school so I’ll be writing some other cards now :writing_hand:t3:

3 Likes