Weirdest wish

I sent her a “political” card from the new box (see posts passim, let me know if you want a link) and wrote a long long screed about the political message on the political card. Strangely, that was ‘fun’. :grinning:

Now that is weird. And almost impossible to fulfill.

2 Likes

Actually I did have a matching card, which made me very happy :blush:

7 Likes

I recently drew the address of someone wishing for natural catastrophes. Luckily for her I had a Pompeii card waiting just for her! (and I don’t really think anyone else would’ve enjoyed that one)

16 Likes

These responses are fun to read; thank you, @yudi, for the topic! :laughing:

I appreciate unusual wish lists, as much as I enjoy being able to fulfill wishes for cat postcards. :cat2: “Weird” topics may be surprising at first, but they often have the potential to be fascinating!

Recently, I saw a wish for craters, and I was thrilled to have what I hoped would be the perfect card: a vintage postcard of Crater Lake National Park in Oregon. I hope he enjoyed it. :crossed_fingers::blush:

Something else that makes me smile is seeing funny juxtaposition in wish lists; for example:

–sunsets/sunrises
–kittens
–guns

All perfectly fine wishes. I guess the challenge would be to find a card that incorporates all of them. :rofl:

13 Likes

For every card ever made, there truly is a postcrosser who wants it.

I just sent a toilet card for toilet card wishlist profile last week. I was so thrilled about it. Still waiting for it to arrive!

I have also got a profile wishing for cemetery cards. Sadly, I didn’t have any right then, but I did had one years back. I still remember it because it came with the random card selection I bought from second hand shop, but it was the first cemetery themed I have ever seen. I think I sent it to somebody who liked spooky themes, but it can also be that it is still in my old card pile that is somewhere in my parents’ house.

I have also drawn profiles asking for medical themed cards and horror cards, but so far nothing else extraordinary. I am still waiting for a profile that wants card of naked woman swimming while a stuffed (once living) moose is staring at her, because I have that one and it has been waiting for home for over a year already.

I love when that happens! I once got one, and the card I sent nailed at least three wishes on the list. Can’t recall now which one it was. I will have to check my wall to see if I can find it again.

11 Likes

I am 100% confident that someone out there is pining for Moose & Naked Lady. (It might be me.) Like you said, every postcard has an admirer out there! :smile:

8 Likes

Ahahah I did. In the museum for historical medicine in Berlin :smiley: I also did send them. But I’ve never seen those cards somewhere else.

4 Likes

Hahah, I will try to remember that if I ever draw your address :smiley:

1 Like

I would go and order this: :rofl:

88 Likes

One of the weirdest requests I’ve gotten for a couple of different profiles now, is to cut a piece of cardboard from a local produce (for example a package of cookies or a box of cereal) and send it to them. I had a lot of fun preparing those two cards, and I reckon it’s interesting to receive them, but for me, I’ll stick with “regular” postcards :rofl:

4 Likes

INCREDIBLE! :star_struck: I’ll take a thousand, please!

4 Likes

Guys, I’m legit starting a new collection. ‘the absolute weirdest card in your stockpile’

15 Likes

Oh yes, I forgot about that trend! Too bad I am so quick with recycling I rarely have any cardboard boxes left when I stumble upon a profile wishing for that. I think I have so far once sent something like that, when it was wished for. If I had a wishlist, that would be on it.

I love that cat and I will dream of it!

1 Like

This isn’t the same thing, but one time I found cards of the Swiss voting and political system (I’m in Canada), so I would have been well matched to that recipient :slight_smile:

I was once matched to someone who wanted cards of urinals. I didn’t even know those existed. But just like you, I was lucky because they listed several other interests.

2 Likes

Perhaps I should update my profile! :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t really have any weird requests (although who am I to be the judge of that?). However the first official postcard I received was from The Netherlands and had a sticker of cheese on it. I like cheese, so the final item on my profile wish list simply says ‘cheese’.

I haven’t received any more cheese since then.

:cry:

4 Likes

I bet Tate and Marcel Duchamp would have you covered for next time:

4 Likes

The US Customs confiscated the cards for illegal import of nutrition. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Dang it! That’s probably what’s been happening. All those customs officials feasting on free cheese!

:cheese::male_detective:

6 Likes