Weirdest wish

I am 100% confident that someone out there is pining for Moose & Naked Lady. (It might be me.) Like you said, every postcard has an admirer out there! :smile:

8 Likes

Ahahah I did. In the museum for historical medicine in Berlin :smiley: I also did send them. But I’ve never seen those cards somewhere else.

4 Likes

Hahah, I will try to remember that if I ever draw your address :smiley:

1 Like

I would go and order this: :rofl:

88 Likes

One of the weirdest requests I’ve gotten for a couple of different profiles now, is to cut a piece of cardboard from a local produce (for example a package of cookies or a box of cereal) and send it to them. I had a lot of fun preparing those two cards, and I reckon it’s interesting to receive them, but for me, I’ll stick with “regular” postcards :rofl:

4 Likes

INCREDIBLE! :star_struck: I’ll take a thousand, please!

4 Likes

Guys, I’m legit starting a new collection. ‘the absolute weirdest card in your stockpile’

15 Likes

Oh yes, I forgot about that trend! Too bad I am so quick with recycling I rarely have any cardboard boxes left when I stumble upon a profile wishing for that. I think I have so far once sent something like that, when it was wished for. If I had a wishlist, that would be on it.

I love that cat and I will dream of it!

1 Like

This isn’t the same thing, but one time I found cards of the Swiss voting and political system (I’m in Canada), so I would have been well matched to that recipient :slight_smile:

I was once matched to someone who wanted cards of urinals. I didn’t even know those existed. But just like you, I was lucky because they listed several other interests.

2 Likes

Perhaps I should update my profile! :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t really have any weird requests (although who am I to be the judge of that?). However the first official postcard I received was from The Netherlands and had a sticker of cheese on it. I like cheese, so the final item on my profile wish list simply says ‘cheese’.

I haven’t received any more cheese since then.

:cry:

4 Likes

I bet Tate and Marcel Duchamp would have you covered for next time:

4 Likes

The US Customs confiscated the cards for illegal import of nutrition. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Dang it! That’s probably what’s been happening. All those customs officials feasting on free cheese!

:cheese::male_detective:

6 Likes

I once saw (but did not draw) a profile that requested prisons. I happen to have 2 moodily-lit dramatic postcards of a historical prison in Boise Idaho just waiting to go!

I heard of a profile that requests a spritz of perfume on the card. I have a huge collection of perfumes, again just waiting to go!

But in the meantime, no weird requests at all. Not even a toilet. I am so disappointed :pensive:

After reading this thread, though, I’m tempted to add a few weird requests to my own profile… :rofl:

10 Likes

I think the strangest I’ve had was “red haired peoples and aloe vera” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I ask for “postcards taken to promote something really dull, like a motel, library or town hall with no aesthetic merits”. I love these cards. I have lots of motel ones, some grocery stores, plus one of a hospital, and another of a petrol station.

21 Likes

I’ve actually draw a couple addresses saying that =) and others that said “please send me a card you find ugly” and things related. I always find those rather interesting.

4 Likes

I don’t find that weird at all, each card is different after sent.

Also not too impossible, especially if it is someone who has received a lot. There are popular box sets or generic cards or if you happen to live in the same city of someone that sent a viewcard to this person before, you might be able to get the same viewcard easily (I know that would have been easy in most of the cities where I have lived).

I also don’t find that weird, they are part of local culture - it’s like when people on holiday to another country (oh, remember those? LOL) like to visit the supermarket to see what is sold there, which also includes how things are packaged. I only send those to people who request them but I have a couple ready in my stash because some boxes are just too perfect for cutting in a postcard shape! :smiley:

3 Likes

I have been grinning this whole thread.

I would love to see this!

I hope you get many cheeses soon :joy:

My question is, would the scent stay on am unprotected card?

Same! I have some prepared as well it was fun to cut them up, maybe I should put that on my profile…

Personally I don’t have any super specific weird requests (I think) but I love when people collect one theme.
It becomes really impressive if you manage to get a lot.
Especially if it’s specific? :thinking:

I was browsing the gallery and came across a profile that wanted only black and white if possible. Their gallery was impressive.

Should I find something to collect?
But I like everything so it’s hard to pick for me.

6 Likes