Questions about the forum

On our profile stats what’s the difference between read time & recent read time?

read time = all time since you joined the forum
recent read time = within the last 60 days

On the desktop or laptop, you can see it by hovering the mouse pointer over the time.

1 Like

@AspergerSadie, I’m sorry you’re upset.
But since we already have a topic of your theme, it’s normal that both are be mixed. This automatically closes the topic that is not being continued.
If we were to discuss all topics several times, it would become very confusing here and in order to keep the forum as tidy as possible, topics are merged.
But if you have a question about that you can send of course a PM to a moderator or you flag your post and ask via “Something else”.

Yes, you’re right that some users don’t like it, but the majority do. Many users bring it to the attention of others or us moderators when they see that a new topic has been posted whose theme already exists.

This does not affect you personally, but all users are affected by the requirement for topics to be approved in certain categories.

2 Likes

Tried to send you a PM, @Bille Not sure if I did it correctly at this point.

This is a very simple question - but I can’t seem to find the answer on my own. How do I bookmatk a topic? I tried a few things, including searching for it, but can’t figure it out!
Thanks in advance!

Hope this helps :blush:

1 Like

Perfect! I just did it. I don’t know how I missed it!
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi, I would like to ask a question about this

If this is checked, I presume no one can send me a PM, yes?
Can I send people messages then?

What if they were already in a previous PM with me? Would this setting affect them from sending me a second message (in the same thread)?

If you tick this box, you can enter specific users who are allowed to send you a PM.
If you don’t check the box, anyone can send you PMs.

However, you will probably be able to send PMs to all users - unless they have ticked this box and not entered your name.

This was a wrong answer because I looked to the wrong box.

Right answer:

When you tick this box everyone can send you a message:

Oops, I meant to ask what happens if I check the box.

I presume if there’s no names in the users section, it’s a blanket ban on PMs from other people, yes?

And would this be affected by the blanket ban?

There is no blanket ban, but I don’t know what happen if they were already in a previous PM with you.

Edit:
Ahh, sorry, so you mean that if you click on the box and don’t enter any names, then basically no one can send you a message? I don’t know.

Interesting - I guess I will find out eventually :joy:

You could try it with another person.
The change can be reversed at any time.

Yes, I meant to ask this as well - I guess I will know what happens eventually :laughing:

I cant send you message. The message button is missing when I click your profile.

Well that is this question answered

As tested by @VeraJunior, previous PMs are not affected by checking the box!

I just tried this experiment, and it seemed like I could send a message in an existing PM thread!

However, I can’t start a new PM. The message button shows on your profile and I can start a draft, but when I click send I get an error “Sorry, Seracker is not accepting messages at the moment”

I like how we are finding out about the limits of the forum together :relaxed:

In summary:

If one has not been in contact before: there is no message button

If one has been in contact before: the previous PM thread is unaffected. However a new PM thread cannot be started

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Forum update (Discourse 3.0)