Need help about Postcrossing? Ask here!

Searched the forum and still can’t find the answer to your question? Just reply to this topic, and someone will help you out! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello. Can someone tell me if the uploaded image of a postcard is shown to the recipient if it is expired? I sent a postcard to a person in the US and it will be expired soon. If the image is still shown to them, I prefer not to send another card, but if the image is not shown to them, I’d like to send another card (I have another identical one). I could not find an answer to this question in the HELP section of Postcrossing. Thank you for your kind help.

The uploaded image of a travelling postcard is only visible to you. Whether expired or not.

1 Like

Okay. Thank you.

Hi!
What should be the difference between sent and received postcards to suspend a profile? For example, the member has 892 sent and 798 received. Is it a too big difference? thanks
PS it’s not my profile, just would like to know how it works with this small amount of postcards sent/received

A post was merged into an existing topic: Things on Postcards that You Did Not Enjoy Reading Written by Postcrossers ? :frowning:

As far as I understand, the difference isn’t a set percentage, and it depends on various factors. Average travel time to and from the country is probably one factor.
And people can set their account to inactive and keep sending postcards, without receiving any. Yes, at some point they won’t be able to request more addresses. But the gap can get quite large before that happens.

1 Like

thanks for your reply! :slight_smile:

Hi there. I thought this was SU, but was told that code doesn’t exist and I tried SV and was then told the ID didn’t exist. Can someone help?

I assume the numbers are: 329657

Sk?

2 Likes

To me it looks like SK also and you read the numbers right! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That worked, thanks so much!

1 Like

SU would be the country code of Soviet Union and yes it exists.

Not for me, it doesn’t. I typed it in and it said it didn’t and when I search, it’s not there.

You’re both correct! Although .su exists as a top-level domain, it does not exist in Postcrossing because it is not part of the ISO 3166-2 standard. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The system does not longer support user names beginning or ending wih " - " like mine does. My problem: I already have changed my name twice, what can I do now?

Hi Mario! I’ve added one username change to your account. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How do I put my country’s flag next to my user name in the Forum? Thanks.

You will find the answer in this topic :arrow_right: How to set a flag next to username

Hi there,
This may sound a bit harsh, but I don’t want to send a postcard to an adressee. So how can I delete the postcard in the ‘Travelling’ view?

Background: the recipient has a very clear idea of what I have to do and what postcard I should send. And I don’t think I can fullfill these expectations right now.