General Meetup Discussions

It looks great, thank you!

1 Like

I may have a question and I can’t figure out if it is allowed or not.

Usually, I have a friend that is making my meeting postcards. It is not a pictur, it’s a drawing most of the time where a lot of time was put into it.

If I use the Postcrossing logo I of course put the trademark info on the back of the postcard. But my question was, can I also add her name on it as Art by name. It’s not to promote her, it’s just that after all the work she puts in, I want to give her a bit of credit and that the art is hers.
Example down below

So the question is, is it allowed to name her if the logo is used or not?

2 Likes

I’m not giving an official answer, but I can’t imagine why this would be a problem.

You are giving credit to all artwork on the card. As long as it’s clear what each credit relates to (that you are not saying she also drew the logo), this should be fine.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cancelled! 1 Oct 2022 World Postcard Day & Cat Card Swap in Indiana - close to Chicago, IL

Clarification Please:

We officially registered in the Meet-up page to conduct the 1 Oct WPD meet-up in Chennai, India.
And also design our own meet-up card. But somebody were not register and design the meet-up card for the same event with the POSTCROSSING LOGO. Is it allow them to do like that?

Hello everyone,

I’m trying for a new meetup in Copenhagen, but because there are so few Danish postcrossers, the chances of the few actives ones checking the forum are pretty low (I made a post a few days ago, one person has answered, a Norwegian).

Does anyone know of a good way to reach out to postcrossers by geography? I can of course check the top 10 postcrossers for Denmark, but only one (active) lives in the region surrounding Copenhagen, and I’ve already written to them.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:,
Vilhelm

1 Like

Hi, Vilhelm!
I suggest you go to the Search page . You can filter the users by country and login date:

When you get the list of postcrossers, you can order it by last login, postcards sent, membership (older to newer members).
I would send a message to postcrossers who are active now, or were very active in the (recent) past. Then, you can invite postcrossers from the neighbouring countries as well.
I hope this helps.
Good luck!

4 Likes

Excellent idea, thank you very much!

2 Likes

Hello! Can we host an online meetup if in case we cant host physical meetup???
Kindly guide.

1 Like

Look here :arrow_right: Search results for 'online #meetups' - Postcrossing Community
There were several Online-MeetUps in the past.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/general-meetup-discussions/149/8

See my post from 20 NOV 2020 in the above thread. Lots of gouge there for you.

1 Like

Thanks much. It helped.

A post was merged into an existing topic: German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

How long does it usually take until a new meeting post is reviewed?

This can take a few days. Therefore, a MeetUp should be posted here at least 2 weeks before the date.

Thank you, the meetUp will take place next March but within 4 days since I posted it in the forum 18 of the 25 slots are already booked.

Hello Gait,
We, too, have designs made by members of our group and always credit the artist on the back of the card along with the Postcrossing logo information. Proper attribution should always be given to any artwork or design :woman_artist:

I love seeing all the different signature stamps when I get a meetup postcard. I am wondering where you get them? What website have you used or do you get them locally? TIA

2 Likes

@ WalkinMomma -

I’ve had very good luck here:

Very clear crisp images, and available in sizes that don’t dominate the card.

4 Likes

@WalkinMomma

2 Likes