Custom ink stamps

I’ve received postcards that had custom ink stamps, small round ones with custom designs. Does anyone know where to buy them? I’m particularly looking for something in Europe. Also with an emphasis on small and round stamps, so they don’t take up a lot of valuable postcard space :blush:.

1 Like

I got mine years ago as I wanted a stamp to use in scuba diving logbooks.

I think I got it from Stampex.eu

Thank you :slight_smile:

I ordered from Stamps for you through Etsy.

1 Like

I’ve ordered a number of stamps from Alinear on Etsy, and she does do a few custom ones. Not so many round ones. She’s in Germany so while it takes some time for her stamps to get to me here in Canada, they are worth the wait :slight_smile: and I am sure you would get them faster in Denmark. She also sells some via her own website, where I believe there are more custom options.
Re: smaller round stamps, I got some from talktothesun (also on Etsy). They are more expensive and come all the way from Japan, though, so may not be so suitable for you.
I’ll watch this thread… it is so hard to find the kind of stamps you’re talking about!

1 Like

Oh wow, these are gorgeous!

I bought myself a little gift! Now I can sign off all my postcards with my custom stamp :sob::heart_eyes::heart:

Edit: here is a link to where I purchased the stamp. Unfortunately I do believe they only ship to the U.K.:

53 Likes

Ohhhh now that is simply perfect…and if we were interested, who should we connect with ? and you look adorable…

And that is fine, sharing it, inspires us all…

1 Like

Lovely stamp! Great choice :blush:

1 Like

How did you make the design?

2 Likes

How cute!
I can’t wait to tag you now.:smile:

1 Like

I used a clip art image and added my username. Then the stamp company helped turn it into a stamps
By just taking the outlines from the image

1 Like

For US based Postcrossers ive made one with rileyprint.com It has an option to use a foto for your own face or another where you can add a design

8 Likes

This is so cute :heart_eyes:

I’d like to have a round one, really small like I see at the meeting’s postcards but. I still didn’t find where they make them… If someone knows and can send me a pm I’d be thankful!

Adorable!

Good 4 you for making this for yourself. Thanks 4 sharing your joy with us!!

Just purchased one from them, myself!

7 Likes

I finally found a shop in my area that’s sells a ink pad. It happens to be blue and not black.

I use one of the custom ink stamps for it but will there be an issue if I switch to a black ink pad at a later date? With the custom ink stamps?

I’ve never used a stamper before to be honest.

You can clean the stamp after inking and using. There are stamp cleaners, but also moist cloth is fine (or stamping until it doesn’t leave any ink/image).
Some clean their stamp after each use, some never.

If it is that kind of stamp where you slide the ink pad “inside” the stamp, maybe few times the image will be unclear colour showing both blue and black, but then clear black.

There may be a local shop that makes custom stamps: here (north italian towns) there are a few per town.

I had a custom wax seal made rather than a stamp, but I expect the experience is similar: I went there with a few variants of my design, they helped me select the one that would have given best results, and after a couple days I returned there to get the seal.

I know that there are also websites that do the same thing, but I’d expect that they are a bit more automated and suitable for people who already have some experience doing stamp designs (or can afford a bit of trial and error).