Where do we find our postcards?

I have been getting some very nice postcards from Temu lately

Eeeek they are so cute :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Just spotted Oxfam sending out free postcards and a poster as part of a Second Hand September campaign

Link here

8 Likes

I like to buy postcards on the Chinese online shopping app,or buying postcards while travelino.I prefer postcards of scenery and so on, so when I travel to various places, I will stamp the postcards,those seals are really beautiful😍
I’m in China now. Does anyone want to exchange postcards with me?(I want to receive postcards from England, especially about football.My favorite team is Liverpool)

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a maxi card from ? Someone has written to me requesting one from the UK

Many thanks in advance

Hello @MartynHst43277, you can either make one yourself, or there’s often older PHQ maxis for sale on eBay. They look like this: Postcard 53 | MoominMog | Flickr
Or this: PC 6 | MoominMog | Flickr
Or this: PC 3 | MoominMog | Flickr

They mean a card with a matching stamp (or related to the picture on the front) plus the stamp is usually cancelled with a handstamp. There’s a maxicard thread on here where you can find out more too.

Making them can be really fun but it can also be expensive in the UK with our postage costs. There is lots of info on how to make them as well - @Maddymail has posted a lot on this and helped me out before.

4 Likes

I get a lot of the post office’s issues, there are some great designs atm at equivilent to 45p each and older cards from the post office on ebay are often even cheeper. Otherwise I stay clear of ebay/amazon etc for the most part. I live in Edinburgh and there are dozens of tourists shops and art gelleries to pick up local scenes, ive spent between 33p and £1 on these sorts of cards. I also find you can (sometimes) get some bargins in charity shops, my last ones cost 25p each and were very unusual.

Currently on holiday in Germany and the shops here put us to shame, an incredible range of postcards here, though a bit pricy, most offering cards at around 2euros each (£1.70ish), much too much imo.

4 Likes

Picked up a box of 50 postcards to colour in (Millie Marotta’s Tropical Wonderland) from TK Maxx for £2.99 in Chester today (no, none left on the shelf, sorry/not sorry).

5 Likes

Hi! I am currently staying in Dublin as an exchange student and have only seen the classical tourist cards so far… Does anybody know a place / market where to get nice postcards, for example, from local artists? I will also travel to Galway and Cork, so any recommendations will be great!
Thank you! :ireland: :blush:

I’d try the bookstore starts with an E…? I purchased some from there while in Dublin. Also if you get a chance visit the bog village in Kerry county.

1 Like

Easons?

They have a branch in Dublin on O’Connell Street just down from the GPO, a must visit for any fans of all things postal.

4 Likes

That’s the one. I looked it up again and it is an amazing place. Although, all of Ireland is amazing from an American Tourist POV at least.

1 Like

If you are looking for cards of Wales, including some UNESCO sites, Origins have some in their ‘end of lines’ section at 15p each (minimum order 10 of each, plus p & p)

I currently have more than enough postcards, so why have I just ordered more ?

7 Likes

One can never have too many postcards! :wink:

6 Likes

People don’t seem to talk about Redbubble a lot! I buy from there quite a bit, though its slightly pricey at £1.10+ a postcard https://www.redbubble.com/shop/postcards

MEP Postcards is good too! They have some cheap cards there: https://www.meppostcards.co.uk/

Also there are artists like LivWan or MogCherie that have their own websites/Etsy, and I spend quite a while looking for job lot auctions on Ebay. Love your location has a HUGE selection as well.

4 Likes

I recently went to the town of Llangollen as it’s quite close to me and found several postcard selling places. Gifts from Wales had some Origins ones at 50p each, but the best place i found was the museum at 25 p each. There was 12 different ones including the nearby Plas Newydd and the Railway. As i am so close (direct buses), i only bought 4 as i have tons of postcards already but should i need more it will only cost me time plus the cost of the the cards i would buy from there again. I didnt go into the Tourist Information centre but i would be surprised if they dont sell cards.

5 Likes

I went a couple of months ago and can confirm the tourist information centre sell cards also - Llangollen was great for postcards!! I also went to Pontcysyllyte Aqueduct nearby and picked up a few postcards - it’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site that many Postcrossers don’t have yet so they have gone down well!

5 Likes

Sounds fab

I’m in Corby, Northamptonshire and there are no local postcards at all, so I decided to make my own cards using my photos. :slight_smile:
If you are looking for local cards of Corby ( I think I am the only one from Corby he-he) you can buy my postcards from here → https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MistyWalks?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

2 Likes

I just found some postcards of the local church in a small giftshop near me priced at 25p each. Great find!

(As a note, the shop was the sort of small local place you rarely find any more. They were, for example, selling individual envelopes for 5p. Very quaint.)

4 Likes