Where do we find our postcards?

@MartynHst43277 and @JamCrackers

Have a look on eBay for some Christmas PHQ cards - ie, cards showing the Royal Mail’s Christmas Stamp sets from through the years. There are lots of lovely designs and you should be able to pick them up pretty cheaply. I also love a good Oxfam rummage though, so you should definitely try that too! :christmas_tree:

5 Likes

Wish my oxfam sold postcards lol ! Thanks for all the tips !!

@MartynHst43277 Oxfam have an online shop if your local one doesn’t stock posctards. They have a Christmas bundle of postcards, stamps and FDCs on there at the moment:
https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/christmas-royal-mail-gb-stamp-issues-30-postcards-1980-presentation-pack-9-different-fdcs/product/HD_301471475

4 Likes

Thank you

If there’s a Sostrene Grene near you they tend to have postcard greetings cards - we picked up several Christmas ones today in the Nottingham branch. Unfortunately they don’t sell them on their website but it’s the 40p ones here:

https://sostrenegrene.com/en-gb/products/christmas/christmas-cards-c-13942

They’re great for good quality but reasonably priced stickers, envelopes and washi tape too. :blush:

EDIT - this is mine and Bri’s haul from today

7 Likes

Thank you !!

My nearest branch is Nottingham I live in Leicester lol

Just found out there is one of those in town! :laughing: had no idea.

2 Likes

Never heard of this shop before, but there’s apparently one in town :sweat_smile:
I’ll definitely check it out, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Does anybody happen to know of any places to buy postcards please in Bath, Cheddar, Wells, Weston Super Mare or surrounding areas - will be visiting soon :grin:

1 Like

There’s some nice postcards in the Roman Baths gift shop in Bath: you don’t have to visit the baths to enter. Also lots of the shops sell the same postcards of Bath all around the city: I think we bought some from WHSmith as we were going there anyway.

2 Likes

Thank you, I did think that Bath was bound to sell some :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s some nice ones of the cathedral in the cathedral gift shop in Wells, again, it’s before the donation boxes, and I enjoyed the food in the cafe above! There is a lovely card shop in Wells but the last time I was there it had no postcards (sometimes yes, sometimes no)

If you are heading down the coast at all - as far as Watchet, the Marina shop and Post office sell view card/ seaside / Exmoor, and the station and Marina shop have masses of train cards. The East Quay often has some art cards (not always sadly).

5 Likes

Brilliant tips, thank you!! @roving

This sounds awesome

1 Like

Søstrene Grene is a Danish shop! :denmark:
I’m so happy they’re over here now too…

1 Like

Hi!
I can see many people marked these cards as their favourites, but I can’t seem to find where I can buy this series of cards. Is it still sold?

Thank you for any information :pray:

3 Likes

I don’t have the impression that they sell them anymore (at least in Cork).

1 Like

I am absolutely buzzing! One of my uni lecturers collects postcards and let me and my friend dig through and take as many as we wanted, so I’ve got a selection of gorgeous art/vintage postcards now!

16 Likes

If anyone needs to replenish their supplies, Alexia Claire on Etsy has all her British wildlife sets at 50% reduced at the moment.

8 Likes

Brilliant deal. Have ordered. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like