Unique material, Unusual Postcard, Lenticular/3D

When I join postcrossing almost 7 years ago, i only know a postcard is a piece of paper that send to others and got a standard format at the backside.

But someone surprised me with a wooden card and this is become my first unique material that i received from Postcrossing. Since that time , i want to know more about postcard from another material or in different from the paper.

When Indonesian Postcrossing Community made an exhibition event on 2018, I make a material with 15 cards. After that i received more cards and new types.

I try to write a wishlist in my profile. And amazing, i got many kinds of amazing postcard from Postcrossing Official. I read from the mesage that some people give the unique collection for me after they keep it for years. This make me speechless and be a special one.

And from this thread i will make a list of my unique postcard in this thread. And i hope we will have a discussion and i will know another postcard that i never see before. Or i need a correction if i wrong to categorize it

My Collection

Porcelaine Postcard/NEW
1 Sweden

Quilt Postcard
1 Germany

Knitted Postcard
1 USA

SnapPap Postcard
1 Germany

Film Postcard
1 Taiwan

Embroidered Postcard
1Germany

Fabric Postcard
1Lithuania
2USA

Patchwork Postcard
1Australia

Magnet Postcard
1USA

Message in The Bottle
1Netherlands

Copper Postcard
1USA
2USA

Cork Postcard
1Norway

Wooden Postcard
1Netherland
2Finland
3USA
4Taiwan

Beermat
1Germany

Metal Postcard
1Germany
2Slovenia

Relief Postcard
1USA

Scenic-Pop Postcard
1USA
2Ukraine

Hard Plastic Postcard
1Singapore

Stractch Postcard
1Germany

Jigsaw Postcard
1Germany
2United Kingdom
3Germany

Alumunium Foil or Sachet Postcard with a cream inside
1Netherlands

Lenticular/3D/Shape i will update later because too many

62 Likes

Wonderful collection

2 Likes

This is very interesting and unique. I recently did a swap for a scratch card.
It was fun to do and I left some on so I could remember why I had that one

(the link is not working on your scratch card and 1 other I can’t remember)

12 Likes

I havent strach mine. Thanks for tell me about the link. I checked and edit it.

1 Like

Huh, how does the message in the bottle work? It’s so awesome! Was it sent in like a box or something?

2 Likes

Leather was a popular material for postcards in the early 1900s. I have collected a couple of those but never been sent any.

Porcelain I had not heard of, like a ceramic tile then?!? very cool.

7 Likes

The sender succes sent it use stamps. The bottle put in a small tube.

1 Like

I hope i get a leather card from official someday

Yes its like a ceramic tile and covered in a box with a styrofoam. I received and registered it today. Official from Sweden but made in Germany

image removed by moderator
please don’t show backsides of cards without covering ID, Text and other private data

18 Likes

There are sound postcards.

12 Likes

just wow! they are all wonderfull and you are so lucky to have these! :partying_face:
nice collection :star_struck: :sparkles: :sparkles:

4 Likes

I love your collection of unique postcards, @KoJep–but my favorite part about this is your enthusiasm for receiving them! :partying_face:

It can be very disheartening to see so many profiles with “no handmade cards,” “no ad cards,” “no free cards,” etc., because there are so many creative and beautiful “non-traditional” postcards that I fear they are missing out on some really amazing mail masterpieces–but not you! :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Thanks @PinkNoodle for your support. I receive many unique and interesting postcard from an ad card, a handmade and many things. Sometimes i wish a diamond in the garbage (that people dont like those).
And i love the story on it surely.

4 Likes

A sound postcard is one of my wishlist too. I never get it.

My daughter recieved this super cool wooden postcard from the USA :smiley:

9 Likes

These are so cool @KoJep ! Congrats on your collecting!

I’d love to know which ones came with envelope or package vs the ones that just made it through the postal systems without any protection.

There are chocolate postcards, but I don’t know how well they’d do travelling all the way to Indonesia though.

9 Likes

Here in Germany we have something called “Dosenpost” (tin/can post).

And “Flaschenpost” (message in a bottle).

grafik

Both formats can be mailed through normal mail (1,45 € domestic, 3,70 € international).

30 Likes

In Indonesia we have coffee postcard

https://www.tokopedia.com/tokokopituku/sapadenganrasa-tetangga-tuku-fs

35 Likes

As a coffee lover I would feel like in heaven if I found one in my mailbox. But I suppose it’s quite expensive.

4 Likes

While the chocolate postcard in the link above is USD 9.9, this coffee postcard only costs you USD 1.07 and since the weight is above 20 grams you need to put USD 0.64 - USD 1.14 stamps (depends on destination).
You know what they say, everything is cheap in South East Asia :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Actually $9.99 Canadian so about $7.80 US, lol and to mail it from Canada you’d need to add $2.71 plus the weight probably closer to $4-5 Cdn.

1 Like