Twosday - 22/2/22

Next year the 22nd of February (22/2/22) falls on a Tuesday…or a Twosday :rofl:!

I feel like I might need to make a special postcard to celebrate…and save up addresses to send out lots of cards on the 22nd.

My PO Box number is even #122! I hope I receive some cards on the 22nd.

Imagine if 22nd Feb was your birthday, and you were turning 22 in 2022!

Will you do anything special on 22/2/22?

47 Likes

What a nice idea! I am curious what your postcard will look like - I must admit, I did not even realize that we will have such a special date next year! What a pity that it is a tuesday, because usually my longset work day!
I would love to create a special postcard for that date as well, but I wonder what to do - I am not that creative… but it is still time to think about it :slight_smile: Maybe I should take a day off as well?? Thanks for giving us the hint, that we can start planning :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking! If we start planning now, we will have time to get something made up. It’d be cool to have a meetup planned for that date but a/ it’s a weekday, so hard for many and b/ I’m still yet to find another Canberran who is active in the forum…so my meetup might be ‘party of one!’

I was thinking of trying to find something that had lots of 2s in it to photograph. A post box numbered 22 or 222, a letterbox numbered 22 or 222. A groovy house number 22. A price tag for $22. Something a bit whacky like that. I’ll think about it some more. Maybe a digital clock at 02:02? All of those things would be close-up images. There must be lots of other 2 things! :thinking:

Car rego plate with lots of 2s
Two of something…two trees, two tutus :crazy_face:!

5 Likes

Great ideas! I will watch out for 222 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cushty, Twosday… Love it, Postcrossing should create an event or something for it maybe? @postbot How about it?

5 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @postbot display help.

22/2/22 = Palindrome.

8 Likes

I love this! The date is now in my diary. I don’t know what I shall do, but I will do something. Sending postcards on that day is a good idea.

6 Likes

Also with 22.02.2022

(‘correct’ way of date-writing of course, not the one in your South, my FarWest :innocent: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

6 Likes

wow , thanks for pointing out. Would love to send out some special cards that day too… but need more creativity so I can maybe make a great card. will definitly try to send out some cards that day.

1 Like

And of course it’s a Palindrome Day because it reads the same forwards as backwards. So maybe your cards could include that too. So special!

4 Likes

February 22 is not a happy day for me so for me this will be just a day like any other

I also didn´t think so far up to now.
I like the pun you made: Tuesday 22.02.2022 = Twosday.
Maybe one of us get a realy good idea for that day

2 Likes

I have already bought cards for this occassion :star_struck:

I’ve sent a similar card last year:

16 Likes

I have already bought some Palindrome cards (at www.leukepost.nl) for this day. I think I will at least use one of them for a lottery then.
Last year I had Palindrome cards for 02 02 2020. :grinning:

10 Likes

I like the ‘twosday’ term, and thanks for letting us know, I didn’t realize yet.
Some thoughts I had: Sending 2 cards at the same time, same card. The card could also display anything paired, 2 sheep, 2 people, 2 cakes, anything.
So far for now, will keep it in mind.

3 Likes

There seem to be several palindrome days in February 2022 (depending on the used format and digits), also on the 2nd and the 20th of the month.
It would be a nice idea indeed to organize something funny, if there is enough interest.
Perhaps a one-off RR where interested postcrossers could send each other postcards written and stamped on a palindrome day?
Or a Secret Palindrome RR where you send 1 or more postcards (w/s on a palindrome day), without knowing from whom you’ll get a postcard in return?

3 Likes

If you have a Twosday meetup, you could have it in a suburb such as Toongabbie, Toowoomba, Toorak or Two Rocks (all in Australia) for some added ‘toos/twos’.

You could also use two stamps or have stamps with 2s in them. I have some 22 cent stamps to help make up my postage (and they could possibly also be involved in the image side of the card). We had several 22 cent designs from around 1980/1981. They won’t be the only stamps used for postage…I’d need about 18 of them for each card :rofl:.

11 Likes

I’m so sorry that it’s not a happy day for you!

You and I both have ‘22’ or in my case ‘tutu’ in our names! They’re everywhere :+1:t2:.

2 Likes