Twosday - 22/2/22

Maybe include some toonies? — Canadian $2.00 coins (the $1.00 coins are called loonies, because the loon is featured on the front).
About the toonie: the only coin in the Commonwealth with the Queen on the coin with a bare behind. Oops, … a polar bear, that is…

9 Likes

Love it @HookedonPostcards! I’ll need to look out for this fabulous coin if I ever make it to Canada one day. :rofl:

1 Like

what a good idea. I would like to send some special postcards on this day, since 22.02 is my birthday, but I will turn 23, not 22 :grin:

6 Likes

@yulia_ann that’s sooooo close…it’s as good as! :partying_face:

I was wondering, with the sample size of Postcrossers, if we would have someone turning 22 on that day. I thought it was pretty unlikely.

1 Like

Yes. That is a very unique date. And it will be my 53rd birthday (no 2s in that). But this is screaming for a proper celebration :grin:

3 Likes

5+3=8
8= 222

… here you’ve got your “2’s” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Best wishes for your special day! :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

It’s like you read my mind @ChocCrossie!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

@taebbig perhaps this could be interesting for you :wink:

3 Likes

That’s great! I’ll definitely open a group in the Handmade RR for that day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now I’m wondering if I could get a 22/2/22 hand cancel at the post office in Toutle, Washington… (pronounced “TOO-tul”, of course)

8 Likes

That would be so cool @aerobear!!

I haven’t even got a card made yet. I’d better get cracking. It’s not long off now :grimacing:

1 Like

uhm, don’t they use mm/dd/yy in US?

They use dd/mm/yy here in Oz on cancellation stamps…22/2/22 is just how I write it by hand…but I’m not worried about it being 22/02/22…it’s still Twosday :grimacing::+1:t2:. I wasn’t after the Palindrome effect.

3 Likes

I was looking around for my closest ‘two or too’ town for a postmark. I think the best I can do under 80 km is ‘Tumut’…which is actually pronounced Choo-muht :grimacing:. Toutle is perfect!

Yes, it’s month/day/year here, but I was thinking internationally when I wrote that. :rofl:

I have this card for 22-02-2022

received_226508843010604|340x340

2 Likes

15 Likes

That’s very cute @Deeske1974!

As it is also Groundhog Day, I bought some Punxsutawney Phil postcards from eBay with the intent to write about the palindromic Twosday on them. Thanks for the idea, @Tinkatutu!

4 Likes

It would be gorgeous to send SE-222222 on Twosday. Unfortunately we won’t reach that number until then.

7 Likes