Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2022

First year of mine to participate in mail a letter of this month sending one to Africa :earth_africa: it time to Africa. :writing_hand:

2 Likes

I love LetterMo. I think I spotted a Postcrossing blog post about it in 2012… and I jumped straight in.

I do mostly letters for it, though today I posted a postcard as I wanted to let someone know about an alternative Wordle (my penpal wrote and mentioned a Welsh one, but I found another Welsh Wordle, this time with the proper Welsh letters as LL is just one letter…).

3 Likes

This is my 2nd day.

I sent a postcard to Brazil (LetterMo friend), envelopes with postcards to Canada, Germany and UK (Round Robin) and a birthday postcard goes to a friend living in south of France.

6 Likes

On the second day of LetterMo, I have written a letter for The Random Letter Project. Every month, you send a letter and receive someone else’s letter back.
Such an inspirational project and a very therapeutic writing experience! :relieved:

4 Likes

As a daily Wordle wordie, I am intrigued at learning that there’s a Welsh version. Did you know that the New York Times has bought Wordle. Hope it remains free!

1 Like

MoL Postcrossing Feature: A lot of excitement is taking place at the Twosday 22/2/22 topic. Check it out!

2 Likes

A penpal notified me of the one that looks like Wordle - Wordle Cymraeg - Gêm eiriau dyddiol but then I went to mention it on a Welsh learner facebook group - there, I found another one hir-iaith // yr hyb Cymraeg which is more proper Welsh. The Welsh alphabet has double letters, e.g. LL (as in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll…) and this is a single letter. There are others, and the Welshier version takes these into account. Also accents, some letters have a little ^ on.

So, it was the Welshier version I wanted to let my penpal know about, sending it by postcard!

2 Likes

I love this! The Welshier version!! :yum:

I love Wordle too. But I’m quite nervous about it having been sold. Pay to use seems like it won’t be far away :frowning:.

Day 2 is a postcard to a writer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My day 3 piece of correspondence is on its way to Switzerland!

5 Likes

Did you see Samuel West’s tweet about Ulysses? He was defeated by the paper form, but listened to the audiobook.

I love this idea! I asked my Facebook friends if anyone wanted a letter from me. I’m set for a week!

3 Likes

@otimalfred I will exchange with you if you’d like!

It’s so nice to know that a lot of us have jumped in to this month long letter writing! I’m a newbie and this is my first year participating in InCoWriMo, another platform which is similar to LetterMo. I just dropped my 3rd snail mail in the post box before I went to work. So far, I already sent to The Netherlands, Canada and Spain and I hope that they will receive my letters the soonest. I guess I will send more than what is minimum of this challenge because I’m kind of participating in the lotteries here. Hopefully I’ll be able to write at least one and post one a day for the whole month. All the best everyone and happy snail mailing! :slightly_smiling_face: :postbox:

6 Likes

Hi @dchristian75, I would like to exchange with you, if you are still looking for people to write. Please send a PM, if interested.

1 Like

Hi there,
So, I’m sending almost 2 cards a day :- :grinning:
And today was not an exception

If You need and address to send or want me to write to you, please senda a PM. :slight_smile: :smiley:

7 Likes

MoL Postcrossing Feature: Interested in joining an ‘anything goes’ RR? Check out Join Any Topics RR. Moderator @Emilia_4. Here’s a summary of topics:

:heart: Art
:heart:Automobiles (4 or more wheels road vehicles)
:heart: Black & White
:heart: Black & White with colored Accent
:heart: Cartoons, Comics, Anime, Manga
:heart: Doors & Windows
:heart: Envelope with the comic of today newspaper and a postcard with the translation
:heart: Fantasy (dragons, mermaids, nymphs, vampires, dwarf etc.)
:heart: First sentence - pick the first full sentence at the top of the page of a book you are currently reading and write it on the back of your card. The card should relate to the book / the sentence / the recipient’s wishlist on their profile.
:heart: Flowers
:heart: Food & Drinks (non-recipe)
:heart: Interiors (houses, castles…)
:heart: Lighthouses
:heart: Literary (Books, Authors)
:heart: Maps
:heart: Movies (posters, film shots)
:heart: Multiviews
:heart: Musical instruments
:heart: Recipes
:heart: Religious buildings (Churches, Mosques, Temples, etc.)
:heart: Shaped
:heart: Shocking postcards
:heart: Space/Astronomy
:heart: Surprise
:heart: Three unwritten non-viewcards in an envelope (3X3)
:heart: Three unwritten viewcards in an envelope (3X3)
:heart: Transportation
:heart: UNESCO
:heart: Vintage adverts reproductions (new cards - no ad cards)
:heart: Vintage views
:heart: Water (ocean, river, waterfall, lake, etc.)
:heart: Wishlist (4-5 wishes, not too specific, please)
:heart: Words, Quotes, Sayings on the Front (not ads)
:heart: Yellowed/old postcards you thought you’d never get rid of
:heart: 4 continents

4 Likes

Today’s outgoing included a letter to someone I found via the penfriendship section on the old Postcrossing forum years ago!

1 Like

Today I couldn’t get through the Post Office, but tomorrow there will be postcards to Mexico (1), Portugal (4), USA (3) and Germany (1).

2 Likes

7 Likes