Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2022

@BuonaFortuna, I love Sade. My favorite is “No Ordinary Love.” Her music is great music to listen to this time of year as we think about Valentine’s Day. Thanks for sharing the great postcard.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I found the postcard in a very small second postcard/poster shop in Amsterdam. On the other side is a soft print of Bruce Springsteen. :hugs:

Her first two albums Diamond Life and Promise were the music I did listen to while studying for my high school exams…Sweetest Taboo I loved a lot, but then again all her songs are sublime to listen too.
I googled her to see where she is up too and found an article about her child and his transition - so incredible how Sade acted there as a mother full of love. Just an amazing woman!

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am having fun following this thread and seeing all the lovely things people are sending! And I enjoyed writing last night - I set myself up on the couch to work on postcards while watching Criminal Minds with my fiancée :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling so discouraged by the discussion of cards from Germany! As much as I understand the desire for variety, it does sometimes feel a little mean-spirited. I’m sure anyone who receives a card from you cherishes it! It’s individuals who make Postcrossing special, not statistics :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Well said, Jamie!

I don’t mind addresses from Germany, @Wolfsmondfee. In the beginning I also wanted to have more various too, but now I think - yes, a postcard to Germany! = a quick reply and never got lost till now or expired…and a postcard from Germany arrives in less then a week…So sooner sending and receiving other postcards too! :blush:

5 Likes

@Nadjafee, please do not let some complaints discourage you or even seep into your being.
My view of Postcrossing is that it is intended to be fun and to be an opportunity for interesting exchange with others … wherever, in the world. Every card is unique and every person writing has a unique perspective. Enjoy all that is kind and caring and lovely about this community.
And way to keep up your own internal motivation by spending some time designing a Twosday card. Have you joined the Twosday discussion?

4 Likes

Excellent point @BuonaFortuna !
A new phenomenon for me is that I’ve had two official cards arrive in The Netherlands in just 5 days! One I sent Monday arrived yesterday. Couldn’t get one across Canada that fast!

1 Like

It’s Day 5, and I am working down my list. I am sending out 3 Valentine’s Day cards. One is going to my husband’s best friend from high school who tried to date me before my future husband caught my attention. :laughing: We haven’t seen him and his family for 5 years! My second card is going to a church member who recently loss her husband and is slowing down due to age. I hope the message of love will cheer her up. Lastly, I am sending a card to our former next door neighbors in Virginia. They made the best barbeque, and I miss hanging out at their home laughing and enjoying good food.

Hope everyone is having a good time writing and receiving letters. Week 1 is done. :ballot_box_with_check:

4 Likes

Great the link to the topic Twosday!

I have a best girl friend (still from elementary school) who has her birthday the 22nd - exactly two weeks after me! So…that is asking for a nice birthday postcard! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi,
Today is sunny here :grinning:
Although I have work to do, I took time to write 2 card for 2 friends here in Portugal.
I think I never wrote a card or a letter to them, so I think they are going to be surprise.
Here are the pic’s of the card, for your inspiration

Have a great sunday!

8 Likes

It’s very rainy today, so I wrote to a couple friends today.

4 Likes

Written yesterday

And today

6 Likes

My Friday-Sunday postcards ready to be sent tomorrow :grin:

4 Likes

@Pachaontas, such cute cards! :purple_heart:

1 Like

And to start the week, there will be 1 envelope for a postcrosser friend who lives in Portugal, and several postcards for Portugal, Australia and Taiwan (Round Robins, Officers and LetterMo members).

4 Likes

Received a response today from one of the cards I sent last week. The person called to tell me how much she appreciated the card and the sentiment. Then, she went on to share that she is having hip replacement surgery on Friday! :hospital: I was floored. It’s crazy how much people keep to themselves because they don’t want to bother anyone. I am glad that this challenge opened the door for her to know that I care and to share with me this big news.

8 Likes

Prepared another set of postcards for this week. Crossing my fingers that I can keep up with this month-long challenge. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Hello,
Today I’ve send 2 more card, both to Portugal.
The first one was on Tag Cat and the second of a Direct Swap.

7 Likes

@SecretCityGrl, you are sharing with us the power of mail and the power of caring about another human being. Thank you! :purple_heart:

1 Like

MoL Postcrossing Feature – Decorating your Postcards
There are so many creative Postcrossers who inspire me. But, I have to admit to being intimated by artistic talent. I love :purple_heart: art. But am rather an amateur.
Did you know there’s a discussion about decorating the backs of your postcards, with lots of ideas? There are also all sorts of youtube ‘how to’ videos, such as Decorate postcards with me / how to.
Maybe this year’s Month of Letters is the time you want to experiment with new ideas for postcard decoration?

2 Likes