The world's northernmost postcrossing meetup in Longyearbyen, 11-13 November 2022

Hi @tpuchalski :slight_smile:
Yes, we still have an open spot :slight_smile: Feel free to ask me any question.

Put me on your list! I need to do some serious flight research today. I’ve done a quick check of flights from my area (Northwest Florida) and it looks like it’ll be quite a long journey for me. I would probably want to arrive the day before before and maybe even stay till the day after. Maybe in Oslo or Tromso.

Do I need to contact the hotel directly? I would be traveling by myself. Are there any other female, solo travelers who might want to share a hotel room?

I’m going to check out the Facebook page…

Thanks!

So exciting to hear that you like to come :smiley:

Yes, you will need to book the hotel directly. And I recommand to stay a day or two before or after the meetup in Tromsø. Usually there are good chances for Northern Lights there as well

@tpuchalski - if you need some meetup cards, please contact me as soon as you booked the flights. I do have a few of the daylight cards left

OMG - it took me almost the entire day but I have my flight reservations!

I will post this on the Facebook page also. Is there any woman traveling solo who would be interested in sharing a hotel room? Here are the dates I plan to be at each place.

Oslo - Arrive Nov 9 and depart Nov 10 - 1 night
Longyearbyen - Arrive Nov 10 and depart Nov 13 - 3 nights
Tromso- Arrive Nov 13 and depart Nov 15 - 2 nights
Oslo - Arrive Nov 15 and depart Nov 16 - 1 night

I’m so excited to be attending this meetup!

2 Likes

I can’t find the msg with the postcards, but I’d love to reserve some. Do you have enough for me to get 25?

1 Like

Hi! Can I exchange postcards with you?

someone would swap with me?
thank you

Hi! Would anyone be willing to exchange? I would love to get stamp(s) from there to my collections . (is there special one?)

I can exchange cards or I could send you card and stamp from Arctic Circle, Finland, where there is also unique stamp(s) you can only get from there.

I just noticed this, and I have to say this trip sounds awsome! I wish this kind of trips will be organized in the future too :slight_smile:

I’m interested to have a signed card from the meetup, let me know what I can send you in return :wink:

hello all meet uppers! I am terrible sorry,
but cannot make it to this amazing meet-up,
i happened to be choosen for a free study
and it takes me much effort to do so.
wishing you all a good time!
Please , Scandinavian Traveller, is there any thing I still owe to you
due to the postcards I had ordered?
I will surely repay it, just let me know.
enjoy the Northern lights…just wished i coud¨ve made it…

:crying_cat_face:

1 Like

hello, I would like to find an exchange, I offer in return postcards from our meetings Meetup – Google Drive
Or Swap – Google Drive

Hi, sorry you can`t come. What to do with the ten polarbear cards I bought for you?

1 Like

send you PM, sorry did not think about it, oeps!

I know not everyone is on Facebook, so posting this here as well: anyone up for a hike on the Friday? Specifically this one Friday morning, “medium demanding, no glacier hiking experience required”. I’m going with or without you (:rofl:), but would love to have Postcrossing company!

2 Likes

I posted this in the FB group, but it bears repeating:

Norwegians - remember your passport! Oslo-Longyearbyen is not a domestic flight and there’s passport control in Tromsø.

(I hadn’t thought about bringing my passport until a colleague who went to Svalbard in March happened to mention it…!)

Is there someone who like to swap with me pls?

Have a great time …

Some photos of Longyearbyen and Svalbard, as they were asked earlier, for those who couldn’t make it. :slight_smile: :svalbard_and_jan_mayen: :polar_bear:

On the way to Tromsø

After the take-off from Tromsø (we had a landing and passport controll in Tromsø)

Getting nearer Longyearbyen and Svalbard. It was completely dark already at 2 pm!

A polar bear at the airport

The main shopping street in Longyearbyen

Some of us stayed at Mary-Ann’s Polarriggen. Can warmly recommend if someone travels to Svalbard!

Svalbard reindeer, an endemic reindeer species of Svalbard, adapted to the harsh conditions. You could see reindeer right in the town and they weren’t afraid of people!

Svalbard church, the northernmost church of the world

Special Norway stamps with Svalbard motifs :polar_bear:

Some of us participated in different activities, such as dog sledding with a cart, besides the meeting

Mail boxes outside the post office. We surely did fill the box for mail for the mainland Norway and abroad! :postbox: :postcrossing: :heart_eyes:

24 Likes