The world's northernmost postcrossing meetup in Longyearbyen, 11-13 November 2022

Hello @ScandinavianTraveler, please take me from the list - I won’t make it this time after all…:frowning:
I wish you all loads of fun, and hopefully I’ll meet you again some other time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ ScandinavianTraveler hello scandinavian Traveler! just today i received a card from the Oslo meet-up recently and so i ended up here! I would REALLY love to join in November! Because I love Norway and svalbard-of course-is a dream come true! My ancestors were Norwegian, you see. From Molde s area.
TUSEN TAK for giving me a chance to visit Norway together with The Postcrossing community! It will be my first meet-up, if it will haha. Will see to the booking tommorow; but am actually alsoo travelling on Sunday, so need a little bit of time, thank you soo much!

how do I register for the Meet-up in Svalbard?? would love to come!

I will be there!! Flights are booked (SAS 10th and 13th) and hotel (Mary Anns Polarrigg)

4 Likes

Hey :slight_smile:
I added you now to our participation list and I’ll give you a few more days to confirm - as I know it might be a bit challenging to book flights and the hotel so fast :wink:
We are looking forward to meet you in november :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, indeed, today short on time, will keep you updated!

have an option for the flight, but considering, to spent some time @ Tromso or Trondheim, its why I do not confirm yet. Will visit probably some old friends in Trondheim, but anyhow, i thought its not a bad idea to get used a bit to the temperatues @ Svalbard!

Might be interested Angelika. sending a message on your profile :slight_smile:

I am sorry, but I have to cancel. I have a big project at work end of the year so I am afraid autumn and winter will be quite busy. So since things are still so uncertain it is not right of me to hold a place at the meet. It will be more fair to let it go to someone who are waithing for a confirmation to join. I have booked a hotel room at Radisson Blu that will be cancelled as well…so if soneone is looking for a place to stay there will soon be a double room availagle :slight_smile: I am sure you will have a great time together and hope someone would be interested in swapping a meetup card from there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have filled out the forms, looking forward to this.

I’m also booked in Mary-Ann’s Polarigg if anybody wants to share a room, happy to upgrade ! :smile:

1 Like

Hello!
I’m sorry but it’s difficult for me to commit right now, so feel free to give my space to someone else who can make it :slight_smile:
I might keep the hotel room booked for a few weeks, though, just in case things might change.

1 Like

Hi Regndroppar, could you please give the link to the finnish site? cause I hope to be sending lots of cards :wink:

https://stamps.fi/en/foreign-stamps/norway

They apparently sell to individuals abroad too, but I warn you, delivery can be expensive (already 7 € within Finland, for abroad the delivery depends on the destionation). The photos are a bit small, but you can still make out if the stamps are “Innland” (Norway only), “Europa” or “Verlden”. The minimum order must be 20 €.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I will check it out!

Hello from Finland :finland: Is there any free places in the meetup?

Hi :wink: Due some cancellations, we have a spot available for you :smiley:

Hello! Sounds good! I’ll tell my decision on monday. I have to check couple of things at my job before it.

Hello! I´ll join the meeting :slight_smile: I´ll book hotel & flights on next weekend.

Is there still an open spot? Im interested but have a few questions.

Would like to exchange the cards for Delhi WPD meetup cards
Delhi meetup card 2

Interested Please PM!