The world's northernmost postcrossing meetup in Longyearbyen, 11-13 November 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Radisson Blu Polar Hotel
:calendar: DATE: 11-13. november 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12. november, 10:00 am local time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Come and join me for my 10th postcrossing aniversary in November 2022. For this occasion I decided to go north, far north and arrange the worlds most northern postcrossing meetup. Note that this meetup will be next year 2022, not 2021!

The schedule will be coming more close to the date, but I recommend to book the trip early :slight_smile:
Longyearbyen is at 78 degree North and in november it will be dark for 24 hours a day - so I hope we can watch the Northern Lights :slight_smile:

I booked myself a room at Radisson Blu Polar Hotel and I think this will be a good spot to start our meetup :slight_smile:

There will be a meetup card :slight_smile:

Looking forward to welcome you next year.

At the moment I plan with max. 25 participants:

1. ScandinavianTraveler (NO)
  2. pefawm (NO)
  3. KAS (NO)
  4. Hotaru (NO)
  5. articgirl64 (NO) +1
  6. Katrin1778 (DE)
  7. baguetta (NO)
  8. Pelke (DE)
  9. postboo (NO)
  10. chrisskywalker (DE)
  11. carpediemkath (US)
  12. marit_la (NO)
  13. Inger71 (NO)
  14. LeishaCamden (NO)
  15. TonePost (NO)
  16. Ilolilit (SE) +1
  17. noodlebamboo (NO)
  18. wandafan (AT)
  19. kiddy67 (DE)
  20. cartero-57 (DE)
  21. Mieke (BE)
  22. soundstorm (NL)
  23. Norway_girl (NO)
  24. Zastia (CH)
  25. cutetaiki (ID)

Waiting List:

1. Regndroppar (FI)
  2. amy666 (CH)
  3. Star-Mix-1982 (GB)
10 Likes

I like to join too. Amazing spot to visit.

2 Likes

Cool :slight_smile: I’ll add you to the list :slight_smile:

Sign me up. Will be there if at all possible. :grinning:

3 Likes

Same here, I’d like to reserve a spot :slight_smile: Dates are noted, it sounds super cool!!

1 Like

Please sign me up. I plan to bring my husband as well. He`s not a postcrosser

2 Likes

I would love to join.

3 Likes

Sign me up. Would be great to visit Longyearbyen. Will be there if possible.

1 Like

I will love to join

1 Like

Wow! This meeting sounds amazing! But I can’t plan any trips yet. I will keep an eye on this topic, anyway. :wink:

1 Like

I want to go! :smiley: Will put a note in my calendar, and book hotel and flights later. Sounds cool, great initiative!

1 Like

You can count me in too :smiley:

1 Like

Please sign me up! What an amazing idea and I’m really looking forward to it.

2 Likes

What airline(s) fly to Longyearbyen? I will need to check how I can get there and how expensive the flight will be…

@mikebond Both Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) and Norwegian have direct flights from Oslo to Longyearbyen - and some flights go via Tromsø. At the moment, we can’t book the flights yet. We can only book them 365 days before departure. So connections to Longyearbyen in November 2022 will be available for booking from November 2021.
Hope to see you there :star_struck:

Thank you for the information! I wish I could come but it looks like a very expensive trip, so I will need to think about it a bit…

Hopefully I’ll be able to attend.

1 Like

@mikebond I totally can understand that. I know that many want to attend, but can’t, so maybe we can figure out a possiblity to join via Zoom too. But this is something we have to decide a bit later.

It is crazy expensive. But it’s Longyearbyen! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: Hope to see you there. My saving starts now.

2 Likes

I booked a room at this hotel too now, for myself and pefawm. Thankfully it’s a little bit cheaper to share a room :upside_down_face: Now just to get the cheapest possible flight when they open for November 2022 bookings!

1 Like