The world's northernmost postcrossing meetup in Longyearbyen, 11-13 November 2022

@ainu - after a cancellation from last night, I have now moved you from the waiting list to the participant list

@ScandinavianTraveler
Thanks so much!
30th April is the deadline for hotel and flight booking, right?
I will put in a holiday request tomorrow. When that is approved I can book.
Yeay, thanks for letting me know. Btw what is the rule of Meeting Cards for this meeting?

@all:
I am intending to stay from Wed-Sun so the Meeting will be Saturday and a full day with yous and I still would have 2 more days to exploreā€¦
If anyone wants so share a room for those dates, let me know.

Cheers

@ScandinavianTraveler
Flights are booked.
Hotel is booked.
@all: I booked my hotel with free cancellation. So if anyone wants to share a room, let me know, I can change/amend the booking.
I am flying with Norwegian OSL-LYR-OSL (9.-13.11.2022)
Talk to yous soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will not get an answer from my work regarding time off in November until after the summer holiday, so @ScandinavianTraveler you can take me off the list.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to go after all. So @ScandinavianTraveler please remove me from the list, and give my place to the next on the waiting list, thank you :smiling_face:

1 Like

@ ALL PARTICIPANTS
I started planning our meetup and have updated the meetup information. Please read the new instructions. In the end of the first post, I created two forms in Microsoft, where Iā€™d like your answer :wink: But those do not rush :wink:

@ScandinavianTraveler @pefawm @KAS @arcticgirl64 @chrisskywalker @Inger71 @friedgold91 @Zastia @Regndroppar @amy666 @systrarnabocker @mihneaR @ainu @kroete68 @nnniiina - you already confirmed your participation and booked both the hotel and the flight :smiley: I am looking forward to meet you in november. Maybe you can have a look at both microsoft forms in the first post already?

@Hotaru @Baguetta @Francy85 - you only confirmed booking the hotel yet. Please remember the deadline of April 30th to confirm your participation (booking of flights) as well :wink: Would be nice to see you in november

@Katrin1778 @littlehobbit @carpediemkath @LeishaCamden @TonePost @ilolilit @noodlebamboo @wandafan @Ikhrtwg @Mieke1985 @soundstorm @cutetaiki @Star-Mix-1982 @elbe @insp3ktor @mondkind @Knirin @annibaer @kulturnerd - you have not confirmed your participation yet. Please remember the deadline of confirmation on April 30th :wink:

1 Like

Hi, my sonā€™s naming ceremony was moved to the Saturday of that weekend, so unfortunately I wonā€™t be able to go. :frowning: I hope Iā€™ll get another chance one day!

I filled out the forms - thanks for all your efforts!
See you soon!

@ScandinavianTraveler , just want to confirm, you might do short tour, do you planning it at Saturday 12th?

Thank you.

Thank you for the reminder @ScandinavianTraveler !! Iā€™ll check at work if itā€™s possible to reserve holidays for November by the end of this month.

For the sake of understanding though, I have a question:

I therefor ask everybody on the participant list to confirm that they come or not within April 30th 2022, as the restaurant wishes information about our total amount of people early.

Does it mean that the participation will be closed and locked on April 30th regardless of the number of participants?

Thank you!

@cutetaiki In the morning on November 12th I think that we can have a walk through Longyearbyen to buy postcards and stamps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Hotaru
The restaurant wishes to get information about the amount of participants in May, but it will be possible to rise or reduce the amount of people a bit. Thats why I put the deadline to April 30th, but the registration will not be closed for good on that day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry but itā€™s not possible for me to join. It costs a little bit too much for me at the moment. I really hope i can come another time

So sorry, Mieke. Hope to see you soon at a meeting. :heart_eyes:

I just got my vacation approved :smile: I knew it would be - had already booked everything, just hadnā€™t asked my boss for the time off. Nice to have official approval now though. Sooo excited about this, see you all in November!

3 Likes

Hello @ScandinavianTraveler IĀ“ve just booked the flights, the hotel and filled out the forms. IĀ“m looking forward to see you all in Longyearbyen. :slight_smile: Romy (littlehobbit)

2 Likes

Me and my +1 unfortunately wonā€™t be able to make it. :sob:

I have booked flights with Norwegian today.

1 Like

Hello,

I already book flight and hotel and fill the form
See you in meetup

2 Likes