The world's northernmost postcrossing meetup in Longyearbyen, 11-13 November 2022

hello, I would like to find an exchange, I offer in return postcards from our meetings Meetup – Google Drive
Or Swap – Google Drive

Hi, sorry you can`t come. What to do with the ten polarbear cards I bought for you?

1 Like

send you PM, sorry did not think about it, oeps!

I know not everyone is on Facebook, so posting this here as well: anyone up for a hike on the Friday? Specifically this one Friday morning, “medium demanding, no glacier hiking experience required”. I’m going with or without you (:rofl:), but would love to have Postcrossing company!

2 Likes

I posted this in the FB group, but it bears repeating:

Norwegians - remember your passport! Oslo-Longyearbyen is not a domestic flight and there’s passport control in Tromsø.

(I hadn’t thought about bringing my passport until a colleague who went to Svalbard in March happened to mention it…!)

Is there someone who like to swap with me pls?

Have a great time …

Some photos of Longyearbyen and Svalbard, as they were asked earlier, for those who couldn’t make it. :slight_smile: :svalbard_and_jan_mayen: :polar_bear:

On the way to Tromsø

After the take-off from Tromsø (we had a landing and passport controll in Tromsø)

Getting nearer Longyearbyen and Svalbard. It was completely dark already at 2 pm!

A polar bear at the airport

The main shopping street in Longyearbyen

Some of us stayed at Mary-Ann’s Polarriggen. Can warmly recommend if someone travels to Svalbard!

Svalbard reindeer, an endemic reindeer species of Svalbard, adapted to the harsh conditions. You could see reindeer right in the town and they weren’t afraid of people!

Svalbard church, the northernmost church of the world

Special Norway stamps with Svalbard motifs :polar_bear:

Some of us participated in different activities, such as dog sledding with a cart, besides the meeting

Mail boxes outside the post office. We surely did fill the box for mail for the mainland Norway and abroad! :postbox: :postcrossing: :heart_eyes:

24 Likes

Adding some additional photos

10 Likes

9 Likes

@Inger71 and everyone who signed it; Thank you very much for the postcard!
Some familiar views on the postcard! (For those who don’t know; I spent 2 months at Svalbard in 2018.)

3 Likes

You are welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I can’t seem to find the card photos, but someone said something about polar bears and northern lights??? I would love to swap!!

1 Like

Thank you very, very much @LeishaCamden and @Zastia and @Inger71 for the gorgeous meetup cards with the terrific stamps and cancellations! :heart_eyes: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And of course I love all the signatures, too. I would have liked to be there with all of you guys! :smiley:

Cool pictures of a cool location.
Thank you dear @inger71 for the special card. Love it!

Tussen tak, Kari, thank you @KAS and all who signed this card. Sounds like an adventure of half-a-lifetime … so enjoy the memories you collected.

Happy postcrossing, see you, whereever, whenever.

1 Like

hello! i’m marco from Genova (italy) some one would swap with me please? thank you very much

Oh it was! (But Tofte 4ever :wink: )

I want to go back in the summer to smell the Arctic roses such as they are. :star_struck: (I guess poppies, not roses so much…)

1 Like

Dear @Regndroppar thank you thank you thank you for the great postcard with unique cancellation and all the lovely signatures!! You made my day!!
I can see it was a great meeting and an incredible experience! I cannot help but feel a bit sad I could not make it. That being said, I will do my best to join you guys on the next adventure :smiley:

1 Like

Many, many thanks for this unexpected card from @kroete68 - I hope this (fairly international) bunch had a blast!

1 Like