[TAG] British Isles Word Chain Reverse Tag

Hi All :wave:t3:

Due to the ever increasing cost of overseas postage, myself, JoBloggs & Natea thought it might be fun to trial some new Tags & Lotteries here in the BI Forum, to help satisfy our desire to send & receive more postcards, but at a more agreeable cost!

So… Welcome to a new British Isles Tag :blush:

British Isles Word Chain Reverse Tag

• Tag participation criteria

This Tag is open to all Postcrossers living in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands i.e. the British Isles.

• How to play

Word Chain Example

[ :apple: APPL(E) ] :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: [ :elephant: ELEPHAN(T) ] :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: [ :tiger: TIGE(R) ] :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: [ :rainbow:RAINBO(W) ] :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: [ :woman_with_veil:t2::bouquet: WEDDIN(G) ] :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

You post a postcard representing the word you’ve chosen, in the above example that would be a postcard of an APPLE.

The next person tags you and posts a new word starting with the last letter of the previous word, in this case that letter would be E and the person tagging would offer a postcard of an ELEPHANT.

For clarity please include the word your postcard represents in your post.

• Additional Information

As this is an offer tag you will receive the card offered by the person you are tagging and you will send your card to the person who tags you.

If the last word ends with an X you may tag with a word starting with the letter S instead.

If no one tags you within 7 days please add more offers starting with the same letter to get the tag moving again.

If you don’t have the address of the person you have tagged, please send them a private message.

Please keep the Tag thread for Tags only. This is to ensure clarity as to who is the last Postcrosser to have tagged another, and who in turn should be tagged next.

Thank yous & chat can take place on the British Isles Tag - Thank You Thread

(British Isles Tag - Thank You Thread )

If you have any questions or concerns please contact @EmmaG or @jobloggs :blush:

7 Likes

I’m going to start the word chain with CAT :cat2: so I offer the following cat card written & stamped.

The person who tags me should choose a word starting with T - thank you x

5 Likes

Oooh that’s gorgeous!!

I would love that card please and offer for T this train (for train lovers but also Harry Potter fans!)

If you’d like this card, please tag me and offer a card featuring something starting with the letter N!

4 Likes

Tag @jobloggs is that the viaduct in Harry Potter?

I offer up this card for N with technically three words nuts and seeds

Anyone who’d like this card please tag with something beginning with the letter S

6 Likes

t’s great to see this new tag here🙂
Tag @Natea

With songbird or Skylark

Next is D or K

5 Likes

Tsg @JoF with that beautiful card.

I give a phq card of Kew Gardens

Next in the chain is S

2 Likes

Tag @Natea

For S here is “Sovereign”

So next letter N please!

3 Likes

Tag @jobloggs with NEOLITHIC

So the next letter with be C x

3 Likes

Tag @EmmaG with this card of the Cavern or the Cavern Club where the Beatles first started playing.

Next letter is N or B

3 Likes

Tag @Natea :raising_hand_woman:
The sailor in his ‘boat’ allured by the mermaids :mermaid:

Next letter T or M

2 Likes

Tag @EmmaEirene with Tower Bridge!

Next letter to tag is E (or R)

3 Likes

Tag @BriJN with Elizabeth II!

The next letter to tag is H.

4 Likes