British Isles Tags - Thank You Thread

I’ve just got back from a week’s hols so my apologies for these late acknowledgments. Two rather special cards arrived while I was away - the first, described by @EmmaEirene as an ‘unofficial’ BI tag is of Australian wounded being nursed at Wandsworth Hospital after the Gallipoli landings in April 1915 (artist George Coates).

Emma and I had been corresponding about our shared interest in WW1 nursing. Thank you so much for this special card, Emma!

The second arrival was this wonderful collection of goodies from Andi @Yorkshire_Lad - a written card of the York skyline, plus lots of unwritten cards and stickers! Brilliant selection and very generous, thank you very much! Card:

Other cards and stickers:

Best wishes to you both and thank you again
Charles

5 Likes

Most welcome @CEBooth , and I hope you had a good holiday :smiling_face:

1 Like

And talking of special deliveries, thank you so much @simmo11 for these beautiful WW1 cards - very special. International Nurses’ Day is coming up, so I will be able to share a couple.
The stamp on the envelope is of a very special duo too.
Incredibly thoughtful Simon, thank you x

4 Likes

Thank you @mwntimperial
I adore this card! Didn’t even know it excisted, I’m always looking for cat postcards so thank you so much and I love the postcard week theme, I feel a new category for me to collect coming on!
Thanks again!

3 Likes

And thank you @MartynHst43277 for your really beautiful card by Ida Outhwaite! :fairy:t2: It’s such a tranquil scene. Kexy is rather an odd name for a frog, though! :joy: Thank you for finding this card for me. I can relate about the roof issues; we are in the same boat but haven’t had the work done yet. :confounded: Still, at least you’ve got some good news on the football front!

2 Likes

British Isles Tags Public Service Announcement

:uk: :ireland: :isle_of_man: :jersey: :guernsey:

You may have noticed some changes to the title and first post of this thread, to reflect that we now have not just one but three British Isles Tags!

With thanks to @jobloggs and @EmmaG for hosting the “I spy” and “word chain” Tags!

Happy tagging!

:postcard: :postbox: :post_office: :postcrossing:

6 Likes

Thanks @chrisbonham11 for the support and kindly expanding this thank you tag! :hugs:

And thank you to those who have already joined in the 2 new tags and chain lottery - if you haven’t yet, come join us! :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks Chris :blush::blush::blush: much appreciated x

2 Likes

Thank you @Natea for the beautiful Sunflower MaxiCard & matching sunflower postage stamp (with a very special Highgrove hand cancellation :crown:) for the new ‘I Spy’ Tag :sunflower: I love it.

Sunflowers are very special to me as they remind me of my grandma, they were her favourite flower, I had them in my wedding bouquet so it still felt like she was a part of our special day x

8 Likes

Thank you @MartynHst43277 for the fab elephant card also for the new ‘I spy’ tag. I love it.

I’ve been a big elephant fan since my trip to Thailand back in 2008 when my cousin & I did an elephant keeper for the day experience at a sanctuary in Chiang Mai. We washed them, fed them, rode on their backs (& heads, utterly terrifying) up mountains & through paddy fields & we swam with them in a lake/waterfall, definitely a life highlight! :elephant: thanks for the reminder x

5 Likes

That’s such a stunning bouquet! I take it the photo charm is of her? That’s a really lovely touch :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: yes that’s grandma x

2 Likes

Thank you @mwntimperial for the wonderful postcard of Old Harry, cliffs I certainly remember studying at A Level - classic erosion case study! You are similar to my boyfriend, not so much interest in Geography but an Ancient Historian himself, I think he’d like a day trip to that Roman Villa!!! I’ve just noticed you have matched a stamp with the postcard - how fantastic! Thank you again, you have spoilt me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apologies for the delay, a big Thank You to @geo_ and @tesc for the recent Dinosaur postcards,

I do like the Miniature Sheet from the recent Dinosaur set, it is the art gallery layout of how the stamps are framed, makes them really attractive, Thank You @tesc

I did not know you could do that for Maxicards use only the front stamp for postage from the SHC teams, @geo_ love the info about Mary Anning and the saying about ‘She sells Seashells on the Sea shore’ Thank You,

and from @EmmaG , I cannot be sure if i have reported this or not, but a lovely philatelic stamp card from the Windsor Philatelic Office in 1982 along with the Windsor Postmark, I love the engraving of Windsor Castle and the Dorothy Wilding Portrait, Thank You,

5 Likes

BI word chain tag
@Natea thankyou for the lovely Nuts and seeds of Britain card . I hope you managed to sort your weeds out . Was that you on the stamp ? :grinning::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

A great choice forGroup 192 from @JamCrackers who was actually a bridesmaid at a wedding that took place over the anvil in Gretna Green, although presumably it wasn’t an elopement! Thank you so much for this, Jaymie; I hope your weekend has been a chance for a rest and I can completely empathise about the ceiling - I’m.not sure if my home is more like a sieve or a sponge at the moment! :confounded:

Oh, and thank you for the wonderful mushroom washi tape, too!

2 Likes

From the “i spy” tag, love it and the stamps :slight_smile: I think I have another Edward postbox near me!!
Thanks again to @jobloggs

3 Likes

2 thank yous from me today for 2 lovely cards received from the new British Isles Word Chain reverse tag!

Thank you @EmmaG for this beautiful cat card with cute cat stickers and new ink stamp! I’m honoured to receive the very first card offered on this tag! :heart_eyes_cat:

And thank you @Natea for this great Kew Gardens PHQ card that I’ve been wanting in my collection for a while as i have a few of the stamps! It’s also somewhere I’ve never been but would like to! :tulip:

6 Likes

For the BI “I Spy” tag… Thank you to @jobloggs for the wonderful Highland Calves postcard with matching cow stamp!! I absolutely adore the little babies and thank you so much for the cow stickers as well! So jealous you’ve done the 500 Route, that’s on my bucket list :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you so much to @jobloggs for this card of the new King Charles & Queen Camilla outside Buckingham Palace for the BI Word Chain Tag - A sad reminder of a very momentous period in time :cry: x

4 Likes