Questions about the forum

@hansenplfl As far as I know, it is enough to edit the title of the topic and write [CLOSED] in the beginning of the title, maybe edit the first post or write a new post to say that you are not looking for swaps anymore.

If you want to close the topic so that nobody can reply, then you can flag your first post as “Something else” and ask the moderators to close the topic. You can’t do it by yourself.

1 Like

Why most people have the username in white but others it appears in grey? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

User with grey names are very new to the forum and have to read a little bit around before their name become white. After that they can see and use all categories.

1 Like

Thank you for easing my confused mind! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have noticed that there are many abbreviations in the forum and I can’t seem to find out what they mean. Maybe stamps or certain postcards.
Is there an abbreviation and meanings area on Postcrossing?
Thank you, Pat

Maybe you’ll find what you need here :wink: if not, just ask :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I can’t seem to find out how to put the USA flag next to my user name. Is there something special I need to do?
thanks, Pat

You can find the answer here How to set a flag next to username

My profile settings does NOT look like the one in the link. Now what?

It’s under preferences > profile after you click your avatar

Is it possible for me to pin topics, or is that something only admins can do?

Moderators and TL4s can also do it! But if you’re not one of those, just flag the topic as “something else” and let us know that you believe it should be pinned — someone will have a look and decide accordingly. :slight_smile:

I was thinking more for personal use, so I don’t have to go looking for favourite round robins, for instance. But I’ll just have to use bookmarks instead, then.

lottery-chaine: I wonder what’s this about and how’s that work?

Usually, it is explained how they work in the first post of the lottery. You enter your name and can win a postcard or something else. Sometimes, you have to number yourself or answer a question etc. In lottery chains, you also have to open a new lottery if you win. Lottery chains are rather new, as far as I know.

2 Likes

Ah, yes! Bookmarks are the way to go for this purpose. You can easily reach them using shortcuts too — just press ? anywhere, and you’ll see the different shortcuts for the forum.

For the Bookmarks, it’s just g and then b — quicker than navigating to each section!

How do I view games?

I’m fairly new, but cannot see where to participate? my sister is having the same issue?
thank you, Ariel

Some parts of the forum are locked and not visible to new members. There’s a chance you’ll see the round robins and tags later when you’ve spent some time reading in the forum. You will see them in the section called games and activities; https://community.postcrossing.com/c/games-activities/11

I’m new here. I do not understand how to participate in tags. When I look under categories, I do not see the games/lotteries section. It is not appearing. Thanks… VJ