Questions about the forum

Hi @reisegern

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi!
Maybe I didn’t pick a right keywords to search but since I couldn’t find an answer, here is my question.

If I flagged someone’s post in a forum, does it alerts/notifies the person who posted that post?
(like “@honeyayuclover flagged your post”, etc)
I found a quite offensive/questionable comment in a thread but doesn’t want to let that person know.

Thank you very much in advance!

The system informs users that their post was flagged, but not who it did.

2 Likes

@Bille
Thank you very much for your quick reply :heart:
Noted about that fact that my name wouldn’t be provided to user who was flagged.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, Happy Sunday!
I’m sure this has been asked before but I can’t find it…
How do I add an emoji next to my name (in the forum) that when you hover over it it shows a quote of message from the member? I have found the speech bubble but can’t find where to add the others. I’ve attached examples.
Thanks!!
Capture 2

When you click on the speech bubble all other emojis appear and you can choose one.

You are a star! Thank you very much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for asking and @Bille thank you for the answer. Now I know this too :wink:

1 Like

As you can see, one title is in white and the other title is in grey. I know why this happens with the threads, but I don’t understand why the same happens to usernames? Most of them are white, but sometimes someone appears in grey. Why is that? :sweat_smile:

The names of new users are written in grey. As soon as they are basic users, the name turns into white or black (depending on what colour your background is)

5 Likes

Thank you @Bille. Saving the day once again! :grin:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Meetup Discussions

Welcome to the forum @sglancelot!

When you’re new, you don’t have access to the subforums yet, which are only open for members (the ones with the lock symbol).

Here’s what’s necessary : :wink:

And some posts upward, I found this info:

Is this a new thing? I saw someone with this and was so confused how to add an emoji to my name so I searched for it and this thread came up! Yay so happy now! I love having an emoji in my name

Hello.
One of the postcrossers sent me a message saying she can’t reply the posting on forum. Her message is not forum message but from “Send Message” button on Postcrossing profile. (Uhh… I hope you see what I mean)
I also found that when I typed her ID on the forum the link to her profile never shown. What does it mean?
I don’t think she is unqualified to join this forum, however much she is a beginner who sent only a few cards.

@kyankyan

It probably means she hasn’t joined the forum.

Official Postcrossing and the forum are two different things, hence you couldn’t find her in the forum.

Thanks.
Well, what should she do to join the forum?
I forgot how did I join here so I can’t tell her :sweat_smile:

I believe she has to just click forum from the official site.

1 Like

No, she can view the forum clicking the “forum” you mentioned. But she can’t post anything.

Anyway, I think I could resolved by myself. Because I fround a website explaining how to do it on Japanese.

That’s a very old forum explanation you found, @kyankyan.
It’s for the old forum, and that doesn’t exist any more - well, it’s in “read only” mode, no-one can sign up for that any more.
The URL of this forum is community.postcrossing.com

She has to:

• login to her Postcrossing
  • click on “forum” on the Postcrossing Website
  • read and accept the forum rules.

Then she can first see only a few areas of the forum until she spent a little while reading (and if she likes to commenting, but reading is sufficient). After about 20 minutes reading time she’ll get to “Basic” membership and can see all areas.

2 Likes