Why can't my friend enter my lottery?

I introduced a friend of mine to Postcrossing. So far she has sent and received 16 postcards. I mentioned my Postcrossing lotteries to her and she tried to find my latest one but told me that she couldn’t even see the Games and Activities category. I sent her this screenshot and she sent me one back that shows this category is completely missing.

I then attempted to tag her in my lottery and this message popped up.

I have no idea how to “add” my friend to a group that has access to Lotteries, nor does this message tell me how to do so. Can someone explain what is happening here?

I’ve been telling a lot of my friends about Postcrossing and have even put together packages of postcards to give to them to get them started.

Thanks,

Corinne

1 Like

New members can’t see all categories.
If she looks a little bit around the forum she become a basic member and can take part to your lottery and all other activities.

4 Likes

If your friend didn’t use the forum before, she hasn’t access to the subforums which are only open for members yet (the ones with the lock symbol).
I have to search for the info how long she has to browse the forum to get the access…

2 Likes

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
6 Likes

Thank you @Bille!

1 Like

Thanks, Bille, I’ll pass this info onto her!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.