Questions about the forum

A post was merged into an existing topic: :question: Пару вопросов

You have posted this on the forum though. :thinking:
Do you mean a private message? You can start one by clicking on an avatar and then the blue button “Message”. Or go to your PM inbox and click “New Message”.
Do you mean the old forum? Nobody can write there anymore. It is read-only. You will have to contact your friends via this new forum or the official postcrossing website.

Everybody receives an invitation to the tutorial when they first log in to the forum. You can find it in your personal messages, it should be the oldest message. Click your profile picture in the upper right corner, and then the envelope symbol Screenshot_2022-08-30-05-35-29-011_com.android.chrome twice to get to your message inbox.
You can also start a new tutorial by starting a new message to postbot or yourself and writing @postbot start tutorial
To start the advanced tutorial, type @postbot start advanced tutorial

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @postbot display help.

You can create your own topics when you get past the “new user” trust level in the forum.
Just continue reading for a bit, it doesn’t take too long.

3 Likes

As with the possibility of extra slots for postally unreliable destinations, or simply China, I remember reading in the forum that for World Postcard Day, there used to be a trial of one extra slot but it became a big trouble (probably too many people requesting addresses at the same time?). Anyone knows where is the thread for that episode?

I don’t remember there being an additional slot.
There is only one topic in which this suggestion is made.

Edit:
I found this post of siobhan

2 Likes

Then you accidentally left (deleted) the message or it is a bug or you looked in the wrong place. I cannot think of anything else but there might be a different reason. This forum software is confusing at times.

To start the tutorial anew, you can write @postbot start tutorial here in this topic if you have trouble with personal messages. A new message with tutorial will be created automatically.

@reisegern explained why.

1 Like

I think I have read this somewhere before but now I can not find it… My question is than how can a person add tags to topics? I mean those little labels that categorize topics. I think I am still missing something because I can not add those. Maybe read/written/commented not enough? Or something else? Is there a padge for this?

Okey, I found an answer that I need to be at Trust Level 3 Understanding Discourse Trust Levels But some of those are unclear to me. How do I know what am I missing? And what does for example non-PM topics means?

@Kanerva you have that padge, can you help me?

Hi @Silpa! Anyone can add those tag-labels to topics they have started themselves. (There is a pencil icon next to the title). You have to be a regular to add them to topics started by other people.

Non-PM- topics are public topics. That only means that private messages do not count towards gaining the regular status.

One way of checking if you are close to meeting the requirements of TL3, is to click the burger menu (those three horizontal lines in the upper right corner), select “users” and set the time for three months. That gives you some sort of idea of your activity level during the past 100 days.

You can PM me, if you need more help.

1 Like

Thank you @Kanerva. Now I realize I should have been more specific :blush: Yes I meant adding tags to topics others have started. I will check my activity during 100 days.

1 Like

Your statis is member, not regular.

Is there a way to mute (ignore) threads/posts that I’d prefer not to appear at all, as though they did not exist for me?

Yes, you should choose “muted” instead “normal”

1 Like

Let’s say you don’t want to read topics in #communities:finnish section. You can go to your settings → preferences → categories and add it to muted categories. Then you won’t see any Finnish topics, new or old.

If you want to mute just one topic, Whitelake showed the easiest way in the post above.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ve muted the ones I’d like to ignore.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [FIXED] Long reaction time when buttons are used

Hi, how is it possible to post a thread with a question about Postcrossing in the forum?

That is possible whwn you are a time around and read a bit in the forum. The welcome thread is a good poibt to start from.

1 Like

Thank you, it works … :smiling_face:

Hello, are there any indicators in this forum once you’ve written in a topic? On the topic list I see a few icons like the original poster, frequent posters, and last poster next to the title, and I know about the small blue dot that indicates a new topic, but I could not find any marker that shows if I have written in that topic too.

It would be very handy e.g. for lotteries, but I really liked that function on any forum I’ve been so far- I don’t want to bookmark every topic I left a comment in, but I still like to check back sometimes when browsing when I know I’ve posted there too.

Did I overlook anything?