Questions about the forum

Beneath the first post of a topic, you will see the avatars of the users who have posted in that topic so far.
If you see your avatar, then you have already participated in the lottery ( or tag or …)

However, only a certain number of users are shown, so unfortunately it is possible that your avatar is not shown because too many users have participated more often than you.

But you can also search for your post:
Click on the magnifying glass at the top right, enter your name and select “in this topic”.
Then you will definitely see whether you have already posted something in this topic.

Thank you for your answer! I’m sorry I forgot to specify that I was looking for an indicator directly on the topic list, so when browsing the forum I can see if I participated already in a topic before I open it.

With the overview you are showing I still have to open the topic, and then jump to the top from the last post it is showing me, checking if I find my avatar or do a search if I’m in there, and then go back find the last unread post again.

I guess there is no such function then?

You can look to your activity list and search for a specific Topic with the magnifying glass

But unfortunately there is no indication in the general topic or category list whether you have already posted something in a particular topic.

1 Like

I usually track topics where I want to return to, but for lotteries that’s not a really good option as you don’t want to know all new posts in such a topic.

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: [TESTSTATION] Playground - Test all functions of the forum

Hey :slight_smile:
How do you get the ‚Games and Activities‘ and the ‚Trades, requests and offers‘ section?
I got two friends to join postcrossing but they are both a little bit discouraged because it takes so lang to send/receive postcards. I wanted to recommend them these sections of the forum but they both dont have them. So I thought they would unlock them when they‘ve send 5 postcards? But now I saw a postcrosser while having 0 sent/0 received cards being active in the Trade forum? How is that possible?

1 Like

The tag section and other sections become available if you spend some time reading and using the forum. It doesn’t matter how many officials you’ve sent and received; you’ll have to use the forum to unlock stuff.

1 Like

I flagged a post.
How can I unflag it now the post is moved to the corrrect topic
?

You can’t unflag a post.
But that does not matter.
An admin or a moderator will handle the flag.

And I moved your post to here, because the other Topic is for testing the functions.
And It seems that you know how to flag a post :wink:

Hi Viktor, here’s the links you were looking for.
https://community.postcrossing.com/c/trades-requests-offers/13
https://community.postcrossing.com/c/games-activities/11

You can find these links by clicking on the 3 bars next to your avatar in the upper right hand corner of the page. There’s a drop down menu there showing all the sections of the Forum.

And here’s some actions your friends can take to be able to do trades etc.
The software design for this system called Discourse has different trust levels based on how many activities you do & the time you are on the site. Each trust level allows you do more things on the site.

So to get to ## Trust Level 1 - Basic, your friends need to:

Trust Level 1 – Basic

"At Discourse, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
  • Send PMs
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users
2 Likes

Thanl you so much!!

1 Like

How can I use the robot for lottery result?

you can just tag postbot and ask it to roll a die with the right amount of sides! So for example if 23 people entered your lottery and you want one winner, you would say:

@postbot roll 1d23

1 Like

:game_die: 1

Thanks a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

What should I do If I want to choose several person?

you can ask postbot to roll several dice! Feel free to try it out in the Test thread :slight_smile:

If you ever need help with the postbot functions, you can send the bot a private message and say “Help” (I believe?) and it’ll walk you through all its functions!

2 Likes

Can someone help me? I wanted to roll for lottery :person_shrugging:

Please check if there is only one blank space between roll and 1d51 .
It doesn’t work with 2 or more.

Do you have ‘Skip new user onboarding tips and badges’ checked in your Preferences>Interface settings ? If so uncheck that box, and try again.