Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

You registered 14 cards on the same day in June, many of them were mailed in January. It should not take 5 or 6 months for mail to be delivered.
Registering cards before they have arrived is against the rules.

7 Likes

HMMM…If you think that 4/14 means MANY.

So the suspension do not break the rules?

Both side agree for advance registration = against the rules.

Suspension by one side, without advance notice to the other side ≠ against the rules.

1 Like

@Moridu

There are 6 cards out of 14 that have been on the road (far) longer than 100 days - that’s almost 50% and yes, that are many.

Yes, it is against the rules to register cards that you have not received.
If this is still done sometimes in very rare cases, it probably has no particular impact on the system.
But if a lot of Chinese users were to do this now, there would be no control over how many cards actually arrive and when the situation has really stabilised enough to cancel the suspension.
So this registration of cards that are not received would be counterproductive.

And no, it’s not against the rules that the founder of postcrossing has made this decision - we can’t make rules for him and he decides for himself what he thinks is best for all of us. And he has explained that very thoroughly several times here in this topic.
Have you read these explanations?

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Questions about the forum

Yes maybe you also have known Shanghai was in a mess from April to June. Some cards should have been received in April but no. But it was past tense. Maybe the stat in August will tell the truth.

For myself, I of course do not want advance registration and it will be a distortion. It is just for some senders’ requisition, and it rarely happens. The reality is also not in large amount, and my statement is also for rare cases.

The point is that the abnormal state of China Post was temporary and now back to normal. And the suspension is ‘temporary’ but for now I think it should be stopped.
I have no malice towards the founders, but this long suspension should come to an end.

This is not true. Other countries have indeed had suspensions.

6 Likes

I know it may seem that way to you, but this is not the situation universally.

For example, today I received a Hurray message for a postcard I sent to China. As the message said, it reached its destination in 231 days. That is still a long time.

1 Like

Surely my situation cannot represent others in other area. For me, Shanghai was ‘out of contact’ for 3 months. That is a fact.

Sorry I misunderstood your message so I revised my comment.

I guess that @doryfera knows when she sent her postcard.

The problem is not mail from China, this seems to be getting quicker from my experiences in tags and RRs. It’s arriving in 6 to 12 weeks, I recently was really shocked to get a card from China in only 10 days…
The problem is still mail to China, and from my experience in tags and RRs the mail ist still very slow. I’m waiting for postcards from February, March, April, May, June and July to arrive in China. (Of course I also send some in August, but I know they won’t arrive in less than a months.)

4 Likes

Oh I’m sorry I misunderstood the message.
From July 15th to last week I received cards from NL, DE, US, RU, JP, sent in Mar, April and May, not only in official way but also swap.
Mails to China will stay for 15 days in Post Center in my city, which costs longer time.

I hope we can send cards to Zhongguo soon… It’s kinda sad we can’t.

1 Like

Things might be looking up !

Today I received a card from a dear (postcrossing) friend in Shanghai.
Look at the date of the cancellation stamp !

Would it maybe be possible to reconnect some larger cities first ? :thinking:

Edit: yes, I realise that incoming mail should stabilize as well… :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

It’s not about mail from China. It’s about mail to China.

13 Likes

Thanks.

The mail from China to other countries is normal now (30-60 days).

But the mail from abroad is still not so stable. They usually take 60-90 days on the way to us.

Hope everything will be better soon!

5 Likes

@grizzabella

I know, but outgoing mail being back to normal is a huge improvement IMHO !
Why not be happy about that and see it as a wonderful step forwards, towards reconnecting China to official postcrossing again ?!

4 Likes

The problem was never with outgoing post.

10 Likes

@elanlei

It was…
… but thankfully that at least is fixed now !

Maybe not big enough to cause disruptions in the postcrossing alghoritm, but in my experience there was definitely a problem. In the last few week I received over 30 cards from China that travelled for more than a year, which is still much longer than average times before COVID. We can only hope that the positive change goes both ways :slight_smile:

5 Likes