Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

@grizzabella

I know, but outgoing mail being back to normal is a huge improvement IMHO !
Why not be happy about that and see it as a wonderful step forwards, towards reconnecting China to official postcrossing again ?!

4 Likes

The problem was never with outgoing post.

10 Likes

@elanlei

It was…
… but thankfully that at least is fixed now !

Maybe not big enough to cause disruptions in the postcrossing alghoritm, but in my experience there was definitely a problem. In the last few week I received over 30 cards from China that travelled for more than a year, which is still much longer than average times before COVID. We can only hope that the positive change goes both ways :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cards travelling to China are still an issue. Only 187 cards were registered by Chinese members in the last 24 hours. When I noted the statistics on 30 June, the difference between cards sent and received there was 134697. Since then 20126 long travelling cards have been registered. One has to assume that tens of thousands of cards sent to China are still in the system somewhere. I am beginning to think that for whatever reason, these are not going to be registered any time soon, if ever.

5 Likes

Maybe because some of Chinese users are still sending out postcards after the suspension which happened on June 16. As for me, I still keep sending out postcards now. So maybe we should figure out how much before the suspension were still unregistered. I am looking forward to backing to normal.

1 Like

I receive postcard from Yamaguchi in Japan. Based on postmarks, I am really surprised to notice that it takes only 15 days to arrive here in Guangzhou.

This looks strange. The previous postcards from aboard go somewhere in the post system and I cannot get them. This card is sent after them, and however, I get it.

7 Likes

I agree with you! It seems cards sent recently have a better chance of being delivered, rather than cards sent in March and April. I am still waiting for March and April cards to be delivered, I hope that will happen soon!

7 Likes

Not surprisingly the difference between cards sent to China and those received is growing. Since 30 June 29634 cards sent from China have been registered, about 9000 more than have been received in the same period of time.

2 Likes

Good news to hear!!

1 Like

I am thinking of doing some postcard trades with people in China. However I do not know if there’s much interest. So I guess I will ask here as well.

I was thinking of doing a big trade topic, let me know if you have interest in this.

Update: https://community.postcrossing.com/t/vincent-van-gogh-on-tour-china-edition/416801 it’s here if you want to have a look.

1 Like

@Boeboe - I bet there will be interest in swapping if you open a thread! :smile:

3 Likes

Already did that! Thanks for the advice though :smiley:

1 Like

Finally! After 256 days my postcard to China arrived! :partying_face:

21 Likes

I think it’s time to consider whether to turn on the limits.

2 Likes

Today I got a message form @kei17 that she received the last postcard I sent on Aug. 28th.

It seems the mail route from CN to JP is more efficient than the first half year.

Hope more friends from the other countries could get our postcards more quickly in the next months.

5 Likes

Turn on what limits?

1 Like

The limit of cards to China that is 0 for foreigners atm.
So she feels like the suspension should be lifted.

One swap from January reached China and one official card reached after traveling 160 days. I hope the trend continues and the ban can be lifted soon.

4 Likes

I hope it gets better soon, too. I got a card from a young man in China today and I saw that it was his very first card he sent. I hope their situation improves soon so he will be able to get a card back, so he doesn’t become too disappointed and give up PostCrossing. I sent him a message telling him how happy his card made me and that I wished the best for him in PostCrossing!

9 Likes