Postcrossers who only send the same postcards

Postcards are a disappearing sight in Singapore. Even the ones that I used to send 4 years ago are no longer in print. So I bought a few designs in bulk, typical tourist cards. I had sent some cards of my own pictures in the past but not anymore as I currently do not have access to a colour printer.

If I am unable to send a card based on the requests, I will try my best to match it with the right stamps. I have quite an exciting collection of stamps which I use based on the requests of the person whom I am sending to.

I used to have a collection of non-tourist cards but I lost them all when I moved.

I never have any problem filling up the postcards with words. I like to give that personal touch to every card I send.

4 Likes

That could be a possibility but Iā€™ve run into the case where there was just a sticker on the back where the person wrote the date, temp, and circled either a sun, cloud, or some other weather thing.

I thought postcrossing was about the connection but if this person had these stickers printed seems they probably use them on all cards?

Some people first do the decoration, apply the stamp and write the address and later they write the text. Maybe that person just forgot to write the text.

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve nearly done this a couple of times. Fortunately, I realised before posting, but itā€™s certainly possible.

2 Likes

First - I admit I only read a few of these comments, so someone else may have already given the same opinion, but here goes. I really donā€™t care how many times a Postcrosser has sent a particular postcard. What I care about is that itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve received it. Iā€™ve sent and received about 600 postcards and, so far, have received no duplicates. (Except for World Postcard Day) But, even if it was a duplicate, what are the chances both would have identical stamps and messages? We all do the postcard hobby a bit differently and I donā€™t question the senderā€™s postcard library. Iā€™m just happy they took the time to send me one!
One last thing - I live in a beach ā€œtouristā€ area and I get a lot of positive feedback when I send the same ā€œtouristā€ cards - because Iā€™m lucky enough to live in such a beautiful place! So, even though it may seem to me that Iā€™ve sent a ton of the same view - every one went to a different person. My priority is to try to send a postcard the receiver will enjoy!
I love that Postcrossing involves so many different people!

8 Likes

I just received a ā€œpostcardā€ from Bangladesh from someone who only sends the same card. There is just a long text written in print in a language I donā€™t know and letters I cannot read. That is frustrating.
Usually I do not mind if someone sends the same view card or cat card or whatever card but sending something most people cannot even understand is something I really do not get

5 Likes

The card is to celebrate the centenary of the ā€œFather of the Nationā€ Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, but I can understand the frustration.

I just drew an address with an empty profile and their wall shows they send the same card over and over (some nondescript grey building so Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a photo of their apartment block). It looks like they are just here to get mail. I stamped a bird card and for the 1st time ever just wrote ā€œHappy Postcrossingā€. It was very disappointing

4 Likes

Yes, I understand. A translation is helpful, or at least a brief explanation of the meaning.

I usually try to get a big variety of cards but one time I was on vacation in Germany and really wanted to send a postcard of the town I visited. However, there was only one type available so I did send only that one to friends and family and in Travel Mode. At least I had the then new German Postcrossing stamps to make it a bit better :smile:

6 Likes

The thing is everyone likes different things and sometimes we canā€™t all cater to that ( Costs etc ) Iā€™m happy to receive any postcard as I appreciate the time, effort & cost that the person has gone to! Iā€™m happy to have joined this wonderful community & am looking forward to receiving my first official postcard, Iā€™ve already had post from members from here too!

6 Likes

Wait until you see some of the stamps! Youā€™ll want to set up a display of the back of some cards as well as the front images! :+1:

4 Likes

Love stamps canā€™t wait to get some on my first postcards !

2 Likes

Would you like to swap? I am in the UK as well, build up your card collection a tad more?

1 Like

I m too in the uk and would like to build up my postcard collection I love to swap blank cards anyone else please get intouch.

4 Likes

The ā€œTravelling Envelopeā€ in the British Isles section of the forum is a great way to increase the variety of postcards that you keep:

1 Like

I try to get a variety of cards about my state but sometimes itā€™s hard so I will get maybe 7 or 8 fact cards about my state and send them sometimes. This time around I got a bunch of happy new years cards to send

1 Like

The reason may be they may be new to postcrossing, 10 years ago in India we get postcards cheaply in whichever tourist or important places we visit people selling postcards, now there is no postcards because there is no one purchasing postcards except postcrossers. So to find postcards is become difficult, so if you go to postoffice ( that also one big postoffice in one big region) all postoffice donā€™t sell postcards, you will get a particular postcard only and it will be stocked up for some years, since no one buys it the new postcrossers who go will get the same thing again and again.

5 Likes

That should be the reason for having the same printed text side? Are you sure?

1 Like

90% yes, iam not saying about people who come to postcrossing for few days and become inactive permanently. Really saying there is so many people who donā€™t know what picture postcard is and its use. When I was a child 1995 to 2000 wherever tourist place I visited they sell postcards of that place 10 or 15 per pack and i used to buy only for the pictures ( I didnā€™t know it was for mailing) after 2005 because of cellphone etc these picture postcards declined and in recent timeƟ when I visited these places there is no such postcards available. If you have to buy then you have to buy online or Book shops selling them they are rare to find. So when you become deeply intersted only you will come to know where you can find.