Postcrossers who only send the same postcards

Just clarification…

1 Like

You can translate it via the Google app, admittedly it’s not great, but it gives you an idea of what the message says x

1 Like

In which countries can women not purchase postcards on their own?

3 Likes

Firstly thankyou for the reply and sorry for my reply if anyone found it wrong. But unfortunately we have to think in respect of each and every postcrosser. Each and every one is different iam saying in perspective of financial independence many in South Asia which I know are not financially independent so they expect something to get from their fathermother ,husband ,brother etc so they cannot individual can select and purchase, so they may purchase which is cheaply available, that’s the reason MAY be they purchased the same cards. Iam here to tell the reasons for sending same cards ,and you may already know why there are so many African countries not involved in postcrossing…
My perspective is I am happy to receive whatever someone sends because I have the knowledge of what might be or may be the cause.

So my clarification is Each individual is different and there situations are unknown( But iam not supporting people who come for one or two months and become inactive) .So iam a supporter of all people who try to become postcrossers and I want to encourage everyone rather than discouraging them. That is my whole point of view…

1 Like

From my experience of working there briefly, i would suggest that some of the conservative parts of Bangladesh would definitely be included.

2 Likes

Thank you for that, because unfortunately people only think in respective of what they do and see. This world is big and as a individual there is so much cultural differences from one place to another that’s why I came to postcrossing to know the world better and to expect the unexpected…

6 Likes

I was really sad that my reply was so bad but luckily your comment helped me show that the world is so much different from what we expect…

And that has what to do with the textside of the card? :thinking:

3 Likes

I think, on this occasion, it seems something like an official card with pre-printed text on the text side.

But we risk moving from both the stated topic and @robinchen 's question, so I will add my comment on the overall theme here.

Generally I don’t mind that a Postcrosser sends the same card to everyone, as they only send it to me once. I can appreciate that the availability of postcards differs country to county, and person to person. I have one card that I buy in bulk and send whenever someone wants something hyper-local. It’s also a very local castle so people who like castles, and people who want me to avoid duplicates, tend to get it too. I do like buying and sending other cards too, but I can appreciate that not everyone gets pleasure from that.

The card @Robinchen received is a bit more of an issue, but I would have been happy to receive it as it is such a curiosity!

5 Likes

A few years ago, I bought 2 identical books of postcards from a seller on eBay. Each book had 21 postcards. I planned to keep one book of postcards for myself and mail the other cards out.

A week or so after I paid for my order, a huge package arrived with a note from the seller. His wife wanted all of his inventory gone, and since no one else ordered any, he sent me my two plus 56 more books of postcards as a gift.

I’m still sending Wyoming postcards. I’ve never been to Wyoming, but it looks beautiful!

25 Likes

If a Postcrosser a from a country where English isn’t the main language writes a really short message, I figure they have very limited English skills. I simplify my thank-you message, using shorter sentences and simpler grammar.

4 Likes

I understand this is true, but as this is often given as an excuse for something, I wonder how they come to this site in the first place? They don’t know what we exchange here, they somehow find here, and decide to join. To do what? They don’t know what something is, agree to send that, and not find out what they agree. To me that sounds really weird. I believe most here know what is a postcard, but these very few have no interest in buying or getting those, so they send something that slightly resembles one. Of course by the time they get postcards back, they could start rethinking are they sending what they are supposed to :slight_smile: .

That example thing, was it pre printed or did the sender print it?
To me it looks like some sort of ad or leaflet and not meant for sending a (personal) message to someone.

And as I have gotten many cards written only in German, if they do the same to all (like we are allowed to think here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), there are actually many reading something they maybe don’t know the letters of.

In my opinion, if the message is not in English or language the member tells they know, it doesn’t matter if it’s Bengali or German.

I thought this thread is about persons who only send the same card. Like only one type of card image.
Or one card 100 times, then another 100 times etc. I believe they enjoy writing (and getting) the message. Because in reality we can’t know do they send the same message to everyone. Except for if it’s the same leaflet to everyone, without no added personal message. Somehow I think if that’s the case, it should be reported, but also I think it’s such a rare thing, many are happy to get such (I would be :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Sorry, but even if I send always the same card, I am still able to write an individual text instead of having the text printed.

3 Likes

So it is nothing but propaganda! :worried:

Front side

Back side for writing messages

@Angelthecat
@RalfH

I have never been outside of India so I have no idea about other countries, but in India if a ne2 postcrosser comes particularly from a village who might interest in collecting stamps may send this type of postal cards.

This is my opinion…

1 Like

Again: What is the justification for a pre-printed text? That was the point of Robinchens posting that you replied to.

1 Like

Iam not justifying this and I don’t want to receive such cards, but my point is people who don’t know about postcards for someother reasons like collecting stamps may send this. And this is the only card available in small villages so they might consider this as postcard.

Well, sorry, but I think you just don’t see the point of Robinchens posting.

1 Like

It seems to me that two different questions are being asked and answered in this section of the thread.

One is ‘Why?’ - why someone in Bangladesh might send a pre printed postcard. I think that that has been explained by @PostcrossingIndian

The other question is more of ‘is it ok?’ or ‘do you want to receive cards like this?’ (As in @Robinchen 's question).

We all have our own opinion of what is and isn’t ok in terms of same postcard and/or generic message.
I’d suggest that we move this thread on, since the sender is able to be identified very easily, and isn’t able to contribute to the discussion.

4 Likes