Postcrossers who only send the same postcards

The thing is everyone likes different things and sometimes we can’t all cater to that ( Costs etc ) I’m happy to receive any postcard as I appreciate the time, effort & cost that the person has gone to! I’m happy to have joined this wonderful community & am looking forward to receiving my first official postcard, I’ve already had post from members from here too!

6 Likes

Wait until you see some of the stamps! You’ll want to set up a display of the back of some cards as well as the front images! :+1:

4 Likes

Love stamps can’t wait to get some on my first postcards !

2 Likes

Would you like to swap? I am in the UK as well, build up your card collection a tad more?

1 Like

I m too in the uk and would like to build up my postcard collection I love to swap blank cards anyone else please get intouch.

4 Likes

The “Travelling Envelope” in the British Isles section of the forum is a great way to increase the variety of postcards that you keep:

1 Like

I try to get a variety of cards about my state but sometimes it’s hard so I will get maybe 7 or 8 fact cards about my state and send them sometimes. This time around I got a bunch of happy new years cards to send

1 Like

The reason may be they may be new to postcrossing, 10 years ago in India we get postcards cheaply in whichever tourist or important places we visit people selling postcards, now there is no postcards because there is no one purchasing postcards except postcrossers. So to find postcards is become difficult, so if you go to postoffice ( that also one big postoffice in one big region) all postoffice don’t sell postcards, you will get a particular postcard only and it will be stocked up for some years, since no one buys it the new postcrossers who go will get the same thing again and again.

5 Likes

That should be the reason for having the same printed text side? Are you sure?

1 Like

90% yes, iam not saying about people who come to postcrossing for few days and become inactive permanently. Really saying there is so many people who don’t know what picture postcard is and its use. When I was a child 1995 to 2000 wherever tourist place I visited they sell postcards of that place 10 or 15 per pack and i used to buy only for the pictures ( I didn’t know it was for mailing) after 2005 because of cellphone etc these picture postcards declined and in recent timeß when I visited these places there is no such postcards available. If you have to buy then you have to buy online or Book shops selling them they are rare to find. So when you become deeply intersted only you will come to know where you can find.

Just clarification…

1 Like

You can translate it via the Google app, admittedly it’s not great, but it gives you an idea of what the message says x

1 Like

In which countries can women not purchase postcards on their own?

3 Likes

Firstly thankyou for the reply and sorry for my reply if anyone found it wrong. But unfortunately we have to think in respect of each and every postcrosser. Each and every one is different iam saying in perspective of financial independence many in South Asia which I know are not financially independent so they expect something to get from their fathermother ,husband ,brother etc so they cannot individual can select and purchase, so they may purchase which is cheaply available, that’s the reason MAY be they purchased the same cards. Iam here to tell the reasons for sending same cards ,and you may already know why there are so many African countries not involved in postcrossing…
My perspective is I am happy to receive whatever someone sends because I have the knowledge of what might be or may be the cause.

So my clarification is Each individual is different and there situations are unknown( But iam not supporting people who come for one or two months and become inactive) .So iam a supporter of all people who try to become postcrossers and I want to encourage everyone rather than discouraging them. That is my whole point of view…

1 Like

From my experience of working there briefly, i would suggest that some of the conservative parts of Bangladesh would definitely be included.

2 Likes

Thank you for that, because unfortunately people only think in respective of what they do and see. This world is big and as a individual there is so much cultural differences from one place to another that’s why I came to postcrossing to know the world better and to expect the unexpected…

6 Likes

I was really sad that my reply was so bad but luckily your comment helped me show that the world is so much different from what we expect…

And that has what to do with the textside of the card? :thinking:

3 Likes

I think, on this occasion, it seems something like an official card with pre-printed text on the text side.

But we risk moving from both the stated topic and @robinchen 's question, so I will add my comment on the overall theme here.

Generally I don’t mind that a Postcrosser sends the same card to everyone, as they only send it to me once. I can appreciate that the availability of postcards differs country to county, and person to person. I have one card that I buy in bulk and send whenever someone wants something hyper-local. It’s also a very local castle so people who like castles, and people who want me to avoid duplicates, tend to get it too. I do like buying and sending other cards too, but I can appreciate that not everyone gets pleasure from that.

The card @Robinchen received is a bit more of an issue, but I would have been happy to receive it as it is such a curiosity!

5 Likes