Pictorial Postmarks

sooo cute - love it

1 Like

Huh, I hadn’t caught this one in the Postal Bulletin

I wonder if it’ll be in this Thursday’s edition…

1 Like

I love this one so much! :joy:

Based on the date I think it should have been in the last one, if it’s not in the Postal Bulletin this week I’d assume they just didn’t file the paperwork to make it official

1 Like

A paperwork snafu’s also what I figured what was at work here; though, if it’s on SFS’s part, I imagine some collectors may be mad…

1 Like

Happy Thursday all! The newest USPS Pictorial Postmark announcement is here.

This announcement is especially exciting, the Pickle Festival postmark was designed by a fellow Postcrossing member @AnxiousHuman in conjunction with the Postcrossing Meetup taking place at the festival, info for that can be found here-
Pickle Festival Meetup🥒 | Mount Olive, NC | April 27, 2024

We also know what the pictorial postmark will look like for the WESTPEX Stamp Show in San Francisco next week, which will also have a meetup as well as the dedication for the new $1 Floral Geometry stamp, which comes with these pictorial postmarks:

@uconn @cassius1213 The Grilled Cheese station pictorial postmark was not in the bulletin this week, so it appears that the paperwork to make it “official” was not processed correctly.

6 Likes

Ah heck I had no idea there was an entire Pictorial Postmark thread! Thanks for the shout out. Excited for pickles next week. :cucumber::cucumber:

5 Likes

I asked the show organizers…

"The postmarks have not made it into the Postal Bulletin because the USPS did not attend the show and did not submit the necessary forms to the Pictorial Postmarks office in order to have them listed in the Postal Bulletin.

I have submitted the paperwork to the Pictorial Postmarks office and hopefully the postmark will be listed in the Postal Bulletin"

2 Likes

Got this reply today:

“The USPS Pictorial Postmark office says that the postmark will be listed in the May 16 Postal Bulletin, with a 30 day extension, meaning mail-in requests can be postmarked up to June 14, 2024.”

Love this cancelation, so I’m happy it’ll be an official one.

5 Likes

You know what this means, right?

Once the postmark’s published in the PB, the four of us who’ve all be obsessed with figuring this mystery out will all need to send each other cards cancelled with it, to justify the sheer amount of time SFS has had to spend on this item. :joy:

4 Likes

Pretty Postmarks

5 Likes

May I PM you about this process? The Pickle one is on the 27th and I have a thousand questions since first time doing it. Would love a non USPS person’s experience tips

6 Likes

Sure

Luxembourg :luxembourg:

8 Likes

8 Likes

Switzerland :switzerland:

5 Likes

Thanks @Rupertom

4 Likes

France :fr:

10 Likes

What is the turn around time for a mail-in pictorial special event postmark? I haven’t done this in decades but I’ve gotten requests for them. It used to be turned around in a day or two, but the last time I requested postmarks (such as FDOI) was over 30 years ago. Are you allowed to enclose anything, or write a message if it’s a postcard? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes you can enclose stuff and write on the postcard.
Turnaround time varies a lot, mostly depending on how busy the post office offering the postmark is. Some do them the same day they come in, others do them all once per week, others might wait until the request period is over before processing them all. It just depends on how busy they are.

1 Like