New Stamps issued in 2024

What happened? Flagged? Hidden?
Too strict to be seen by some people?
Truth is not acceptable here anymore?

UkrPoshta issued new stamps named Weapon of Victory - the third in this series of stamps.
This time issue dedicated to Ukrainian-made weapons that we use against troops from some territory, that attacked us.

Especially I like the bottom stamp with Magura sea drone :slight_smile: It’s a very good weapon :wink:

5 Likes

Why they issue the stamps of the Ukraine cities?

Made in Italy day, issued april 15:

Unusual, it’s an high value stamp, A zone 3 (5,7 €), valid for 50g priority Oceania.

9 Likes

It seems that Mariupol and Melitopol are both cities in Ukraine that were captured by the Russian military in early 2022 after the Russian military invaded Ukraine. Russia has declared these to be “cities of military glory” and is now issuing stamps to celebrate this.

3 Likes

I hope the Russians participating in Postcrossing will refrain from using them. It is literally glorification of agression and IMO it is in radical contrast with Postcrossing values

7 Likes

This sounds like a great discussion for the Questionable or inappropriate stamp designs thread

5 Likes

U.S. Forever stamps available May 15th of Ansel Adams’ photography.

8 Likes

:kr: South Korea Baby Shark (Famous Carton for Children) 3rd May 2024. Sticker Stamps

Front side

Back side

21 Likes

These are so cool - I love them a lot :heart:

APRIL STAMPS IN SPAIN
World Heritage. Seville. Real Alcázar.

Ephemerides. 100 years of Telefónica.
telefonica

Spanish Capital of Gastronomy 2024. Oviedo.
oviedo

Festivals. Moors and Christians. Alcoi/Alcoy (Alicante/Alicante).
moros y cristianos

12 Likes

While looking through some of the contributions in this thread I started to wonder if only Germany issues stamps with these huge (and in my opinion ugly) qr codes?

1 Like

Finland has also started using QR codes on all stamps. The UK has them, but only for the definitives, not the commemorative stamps.

4 Likes

Only these aren’t QR codes, they’re matrix codes. :wink:

4 Likes

On March 28th, the Portuguese post office issued two stamps together with Angola and Cape Verde on the 50th anniversary of April 25th, also called the carnation revolution which represents the end of the dictatorship in the country. They also issued a special sheet of stamps.

15 Likes

140 since the arrival of Nikola Tesla in the USA
Nice minisheet depicts Nikola Tesla on the stamp and Statue of Liberty on the rest of the minisheet. I also like very much the FDC with Statue of Liberty’s torch and lights of New York.

18 Likes

A lovely new stamp from Canada Post, featuring endangered frogs -

image - First Day Cover

image - souvenir sheet

And every frog needs a prince -

image - King Charles, First Day Cover

image - King Charles III

22 Likes

These were issued back in February but I just recently learned about them:
Ground Parrots stamps from Australia

I had never heard of Ground Parrots previously because here in the states, we only have parrots that fly, but after doing some research I learned that these parrots that hang out on the ground are native to Australia and New Zealand, and also endangered. Very interesting

22 Likes

“The design language of nature”, to be issued by PostNL on April 22:

23 Likes

6 Likes

I see!