New Stamps issued in 2024

Cities of Military Glory series, Mariupol and Melitopol
图片
图片

1 Like

Not very original or exciting, but still the best I’ve seen so far.

Switzerland normally issues stamps four times a year, in March, May, September and November.

The 7 March issue this year contains:

200 years of boat trips on Lake Constance

100 years of the International Chess Federation

Some Special Event stamps

50 years of the first mission of the Swiss Humanitarian Aid Unit to Chad

There was also a stamp to celebrate the 175 years of Swiss Post, issued 21 March

24 Likes

New stamps from :uruguay: Uruguay

Pablo Picasso, issued on April 3rd

50 years of Grupos de Familia Al-Anon (Alcoholics Anonymous) on Uruguay, issued on April 6th
sello-50-Anos-Grupo-de-Familia-AL-ANON-ROU

100 years of Electoral Court, issued on April 10th
sello-corte-electoral-2024-06-C

16 Likes

I wonder if these will be as large as the statue ones

“Musical Instruments of Philharmonic Bands” released on April 2nd in Portugal

17 Likes

Based on the photos provided, I would speculate that the stamps will be the same size as the $1 Statue of Freedom stamps, which is also the same size as the Title IX Forever stamps issued in 2022, and the same size as the $2, $5, $10 and upcoming $1 Floral Geometry stamps. I will post an update here with the exact size when the USPS makes the official “stamp announcement”

1 Like

Yes, that certainly makes sense, I like the stamps, they are just a bit large for postcards!
Thanks!

1 Like

New Serbian definitive stamps EXPO BG are out.
6 new definitives were issued to promote EXPO 2027 which will be held in Belgrade. Designs are actually reused desings of Yugoslavian issue ‘EXPO 1967 Canada’. All designs are about space exploration as symbol of new techonologies, ideas and future. All stamps have logo of EXPO 2027 Belgrade, and also the name Petar Jakelić, who was the designer of Yugoslavian EXPO 1967 stamps.
Face value on new stamps are letters that create acronime EXPO BG.

Face value of all stamps cover different postal services:

• Stamp E = 440 RSD, which covers postage for 20g registered airmail letter to European countries
  • Stamp X = 446 RSD, which covers postage for 20g registered airmail letter to Amercias, Australia and Oceania
  • Stamp P = 120 RSD, which covers postage for 20g regular letter to any country
  • Stamp O = 130 RSD, which covers postage for 20g regular airmail letter to European countries
  • Stamp B = 116 RSD, which covers postage for airmail postcard to Amercias, Australia and Oceania
  • Stamp G = 48 RSD, which covers postage for regular 20g letter in domestic postal traffic
13 Likes

Well now we talk! These are my all-time favorites along Austrian instrument stamps :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Canada Post’s total solar eclipse stamp, released just in time for the April 08 event. Look closely, and you can see Niagara Falls below the sun. Over a million people flocked to Niagara Falls, Canada, to see the eclipse.

18 Likes

No need to speculate; the product specifications for the $1 Floral Geometry stamp are available via USPS’s online store.

Overall per-stamp dimensions are listed there as 1.56″×1.225″—the exact same as those of its predecessor, the $1 Statue of Freedom.

Oops I missed seeing which topic the reply was for and thought they were asking about the size of the Hank Aaron stamps :joy:

1 Like

New issue by Japan Post today!

9 Likes

No. 3233. Cosmonautics Day
300_300_0__files_sitedata_401_1439_a203f3af-550d-4aae-9d5c-93d889e27615_jpg_CF4D6FC4
In the Russian Federation, Cosmonautics Day is celebrated annually on April 12, established “to commemorate the world’s first flight of a Soviet man into space” (decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR dated April 9, 1962). Cosmonautics Day (celebrated as World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day) received international status in 1968 at a conference of the International Aeronautical Federation.

On Cosmonautics Day, festive events are held in all Russian regions, exhibitions and excursions, festivals and concerts, and children’s creativity competitions are organized.

The postage stamp depicts a portrait of K.E. Tsiolkovsky and the Angara-A5 launch vehicle taking off against the background of the starry sky.

12 Likes

A stamp to be issued on 30th May.
The Raft of the Medusa is an oil painting by Théodore Géricault. It depicts the aftermath of the wreck of the French naval frigate Méduse on 1816. 147 people were set adrift on a hurriedly constructed raft; all but 15 died. The painting can be seen at the Louvre Museum.

14 Likes

Czech EUROPA stamp was announced too

23 Likes

Beautiful :star_struck: number 2 in my favorites (number 1 for Swiss stamps)

2 Likes

Talking of Swiss stamps the next batch to be issued are due out on 2nd May.

Europa already mentioned above, I look forward to seeing how it looks on paper.

150 years of Compulsory education

200 years of shooting as a sport - stamps with holes in it

Charity stamps - Pro Patria (stamps cost 50% more than the postage value)
These stamps have a thermal element, if you warm up the black part, the Swiss flag appears.

100 years of the postal flight from La Caquerelle to Lausanne

100 years of the Welttheater of Einsiedeln - just one stamp with two se-tenant side panels.

100 years of the Swiss Agricultural Technology Association

Paris Olympics

Summer

Garfield (reason behind this stamp is that the new film has been dubbed into Swiss-German, the last film this was done for was Stuart Little 2 in 2002)

36 Likes

Garfield!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like