New Stamps issued in 2024

These were issued back in February but I just recently learned about them:
Ground Parrots stamps from Australia

I had never heard of Ground Parrots previously because here in the states, we only have parrots that fly, but after doing some research I learned that these parrots that hang out on the ground are native to Australia and New Zealand, and also endangered. Very interesting

23 Likes

“The design language of nature”, to be issued by PostNL on April 22:

25 Likes

6 Likes

I see!

Poland releases Europa stamp and maxi card on 25th April

27 Likes

Actually, this is an FDC, First Day Cover, not maxi card. I wish we had some official maxi cards… But the stamp is nice :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, you’re right, thank you for correcting me!

1 Like

Why are those chemical symbols on the back part of the fish? :thinking: Is it especially good at removing these elements from the water?

4 Likes

I think, this are the elements which you are eating, if you are eating fish!

5 Likes

These are probably the heavy metals / metallic pollutants that fishes absorb from the water and bring into the food chain.

5 Likes

I think so too, it must be a warning of how much we’ve polluted the seas and effectively what we’re consuming while eating fish

6 Likes

Yes, these are the bad metallic pollutants lead, cadmium and mercury, but also zinc and iron, which our body needs.

4 Likes

together with the Aland stamp one of my most favourites. Love how it tries to arise awaress of water polution but still in a very subtle way.

3 Likes

Austria’s May stamps (with another one still missing on the announcement)

17 Likes

Issued two days ago: Philately Week 2024

15 Likes

Poland is so good in designing stamps! I always find Polish stamp so interesting to look at!

2 Likes

@seba_flores, love the Picasso! So colourful!

However, heavy metals mainly accumulate in the scales and gills of fish, which still means that our environmental pollution is very serious. This is a great stamp ::

1 Like

Traditional Snacks and Beverages
Issued 22 April 2024

Souvenir Sheet :

FDC + postmark :

22 Likes

Historic theaters, issued april 16
greek theatre of Siracusa (110 years since first classical shows), roman theatre of Lecce:

roman theatre of Volterra, greek theatre of Segesta:

roman theatre of Suasa

italian Vespa club (classic scooter), issued april 20:

Eleonora Duse (theater actress) 100 years from death, issued april 21:

All are B (1,25€) valid for domestic 20g, except Vespa that is B 50g (2,75€), valid for domestic 50g.

27 Likes