Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2022

Enjoy what you can, maybe have a look at some of ideas above?

So today, on Friday the 4th of February 2022, which is International Post Carrier’s Appreciation Day, we had so much fun. We are 4 friends who got together (three of us are postcrossers) and wrote a few post cards. Then we went to honour the Post Carriers in our little village of Plettenberg Bay in South Africa, at the Plettenberg Bay Post Office

12 Likes

This sounds like so much fun Leigh! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Fantastic @LeighDunn! What a great way to spend a day with a Postcrossing buddy! Wonder if I could enlist my hubby to do the same ? :wink: It will be nice to see your pics.

1 Like

Have a great day.

MoL Postcrossing feature:
Have you checked some of new-to-you categories, such as Hobbies or Trades where you can connect your interests to those of other Postcrossers?
As a retired educator, I like to check in on Educational outreach, such as Project with children in Turkey and Direct Exchange for High School Students in Los Angeles. Two days of MoL for me! :dancer:

1 Like

I was planning on writing a letter to a distant friend who I missed seeing at Christmas time after 2 years. This was due to the covid restrictions in place here! I then found out I was out of writing paper! I decided then to check out post crossing for the day and what do I find on the blog! Perfect timing!!! I will now write the letter on the weekend with my usual post cards! I couldn’t talk my wife into writing a letter to her overseas friends!

1 Like

The first Saturday in February (so Feb 5th this year) is also “Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day”. As if I needed an excuse! :joy:

6 Likes

:rofl: Dig in! :ice_cream:

Maybe just a scoop of ice cream in hot chocolate for breakfast, for me! I’m thinking that holiday was invented in a much warmer climate than Michigan :cold_face: or else in the southern hemisphere. I would have put it in July or August, personally :rofl:

1 Like

As an Ontarian, also in the cold climate :cold_face: , my ‘thing’ is fresh-out-of-the-oven brownies with a hefty dollop of icecream, melting over like lava.
Look what you’ve gone and done @Steve_Francis! Now I’m gonna have to bake some brownies for breakfast on February 1st! :rofl:

Seems definitely like FUN!
“Already planning on Give the Kids a smile” cards, Hippo Day (???) and, bien sur “Chocolate Souffle!”.
Thanks for the ideas. Will think of others we have in Texas, besides “Mardi Gras!”

1 Like

Looking forward to it! You could send a card to this www.canyousendmeapostcard.com
I found it while I was looking online for a postcard collecting club, which I did not find.
Anyway it’s a good way to check off a day if you are out of ideas by the end of the month.
I recently sent a postcard and it was cool to see the postcard on his website and also facts about my town too which was a nice surprise.

2 Likes

If I sit and crank out multiple cards on several days to amount to 28 (or more) different correspondences, does that still count if I skip days? I mean, I know there is no postcard police but I like rules.

1 Like

The “rules” are only guidelines. You can write every day or every other day. You can mail once-a-week or daily, depending on postbox proximity and time to get there. You can write and mail 10 or 20 cards/letters. All flexible. Be your own competition, but don’t be too hard on yourself … send the love by mail as and when you can, relax on the days you can’t. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

hallo
danke für den Tipp .
ich werde unseren briefboten eine kleinigkeit hin tun und versuche jeden tag eine adresse zu ziehen und - karte oder brief zu verschicken . oder an leute von Postcrossing wo ich adressen habe .
:earth_africa: :mailbox: :postbox:

Hello @Konsue,
I don’t read or speak German. Could you please translate for me and others?
Thank you.

This is such a great idea! I had a plan for 2022 to write at least one letter every week but I haven’t even started… So this challenge could give me the prompt that I need! With the pandemic, I and many of my friends have retreated to our little bubbles so that would be a fantastic opportunity to get back in touch with them. Every day may not happen, but if i can make it at least 3-4 days a week, I’ll be happy with that!

3 Likes

Fabulous! Welcome aboard! Have fun writing letters.

1 Like

What a nice idea! I decided to “save” my travelling postcards contingent and will write as many postcards on Twosday, 22.2.22 - I know it’s just an other challenge here on postcrossing, but still :woman_shrugging:t3::sunglasses:
I think I can make it up to 28 with birthday cards and private exchange with penpals.
I wish you all fun and love and many cool ideas and of course a truckload of lovely mail back during this amazing Letter Month :two_hearts:

7 Likes