[CLOSED UPDATED THREAD STARTED] Direct Exchange for my High School Students in Los Angeles

UPDATE Thank you so much everyone who has signed up! I’m pausing this for now because I don’t want to overcommit and I think right now we have enough people to write to to last us through the semester! Thanks again ya’ll are great :grin:

Hi everyone!

Before COVID closed down schools :school_satchel: in 2020 I had set up individual swaps with some of you for our students. We only got through about half of them before schools closed but we are now starting our Postcrossing back up! Unfortunately everyone’s usernames that I saved are from the old forum and not all of them seem active here so I am just starting a new post to see if anyone from before or new folks would like to participate!

If so let me know your address and I will add you to our list. When you get a card :postcard: from one of my students then let me know you got it and I will give you OUR address so that you can write back to that same student. We were doing Postcrossing through the traditional website not the forum but students didn’t like that they wouldn’t get a card back from the SAME person they sent to :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are sending a card to our students please tell them about yourself, what type of job you have, what interesting hobbies you do, or anything culturally unique about your country or where you live. If you are from here in the US tell about what it is like where you live! Our students are from inner city :cityscape: Los Angeles and most have not travelled :world_map: or been exposed to many cultures.

Thank you and looking forward to more swaps :relaxed:

P.S. CHINA AND CANADA! We have a scratch off map we are using when we receive cards and the Canada and China on the map includes the states so if you are from either of those countries when you write to us please tell us the name of your state/province! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I live in LA as well, so probably not as fun for the students. Happy to help if needed though!

Hello!

We’re happy to help! We live in Minnesota. :slight_smile:

Mychal & Tara

I am in. I send you a PM

Happy to connect from Canada. Maybe I could send some snow? :wink:
Address sent by PM.

1 Like

For now we’ll stick with outside CA but thank you for your support!! :slight_smile:

Good luck! :smiley:

1 Like

PM sent.

1 Like

PM sent!

1 Like

I would love to do this!!! I think this is amazing!

~Echo<3

1 Like

Count me in! I’m happy to send a card from Italy :smiley:
I’ll pm you my address,
Elena

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Russia. If one of the students wants to exchange a postcard, then I’m ready.

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Indonesia, it’s good news for swap.
i pm you for my address
thank you

1 Like

Message sent :blush:

1 Like

I’d love to be a part of this project :smiley:

1 Like

Sending PM

1 Like

I sent you a pm. :+1:

1 Like

Hello !
I’m from France ! What a great idea !! I would like to help if it’s okay !
I send you my address, :wink:
Lovely day to you !

Mélissande

1 Like

Hello, maybe one from the Netherlands. If you like I can give my address.
Greetings

1 Like

PM sent

1 Like