Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2022

@TheHassFamily - this is wonderful! So caring and kind to others. Thanks for including the link so others could check check out Love for Our Elders. Especially, when so many are feeling very isolated right now. Thanks! :purple_heart:

1 Like

This looks like fun! I’ll be off work for a couple weeks recovering from surgery so this will give me a little extra to do. My goal is to make at least 10 of the letters to people who are not postcrossers!

3 Likes

Hopefully this can provide some assistance on who to write to (if you ever get stuck).

10 Likes

Glad to see you here @scoutingbear! Sending you best wishes for a comfortable and speedy recovery!

Thank you for these great ideas for Month of Letters @ayellowdaffodil!
I have never written a letter to my future self (idea #28), so I think I will do that as my last letter of February. Idea #28 for the 28th! :wink:

1 Like

MoL Postcrossing feature:
There’s a new Mailart RR for those interested in flexing their postcard art muscles. Check it out! Moderator: @anon51802697.

2 Likes

According to my records (though not the official website, for some reason), this is the 10th year anniversary of the Month of Letters initiative, which is brilliant! :tada:

I’m joining this year as well, to try to tame my mail queue. I look forward to making time each day to spend with stationery and catch up with far away friends.

8 Likes

Wow! 10 years! :partying_face:
Thank you for helping to get the ball rolling with this year’s Month of Letters. :hugs:

It can get overwhelming as I found out last year when I joined three groups. InCoWriMo, Letter Mo and another small one. Also sent my post crossing postcards. This year, I want to have fun and not make it work for me. Enjoy the Letter month everyone.

3 Likes

I’m definitely doing this. I already write a lot of postcrossing cards, and I write to my fiance mostly every day, but I’m going to write specifically to my daughter. My ex and I split custody of her and when she’s not with me, she’ll have something to remind her I love her.

5 Likes

Such a lovely and loving idea @jaenelle ! :purple_heart:

My first three cards are :writing_hand: and ready to mail next week to @scrutiny, @Tinkatutu and @Kanerva. :postbox:

4 Likes

I would like to give this a try but I’m not sure it will happen… Lots of family issues coming up that I’ll have to travel for, etc. But it does mean that I could send postcards from Lake Havasu City, Arizona for a week…… if I get the time/space/etc. Also there are some February birthdays I can send, and I’m sure I could come up with all sorts of things — it’s not the amount that’s tough, but the time and presence of mind! :laughing:

4 Likes

@rothko, don’t sweat meeting a daily deadline. Just have fun with this idea of the Month of Letters, when you can, in between the busyness of life. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I have actually learnt some thing so interesting. 1st Feb being world kids day, I didn’t know about it. I am even be ashamed because i work with children, all the work i do is to benefit children. I am ashamed I didn’t know about this day. Helping children and you don’t know such a day. Any way thank you for this information.

I may need people I will now exchange letters with to cherish that day and the month of letters.

2 Likes

My friends mom loves writing letters and making cards (and is also a postcrosser), I just introduced this to her last night and she is excited to take part!

3 Likes

The idea of a Month of Letters sounds great. Thanks. Maybe I’m taking part. Maybe I should write 28 Open When Letters, maybe 28 letters to elderly people I don’t know and to cheer them up, maybe 28 letters to a young child as a historical document or just 28 letters to myself. I’m not sure yet. :blush:

1 Like

So many great ideas @WritingACard! Maybe you could divide the month into four units: Open When, elderly, child, self?

1 Like

Four units would work great in 28 days! :smiley: I will think about that. Thanks for this inspiring hint!

1 Like

I‘ll try my best again this year. Still looking for inspiration, but probably going to write to all my friends then fill the other days with postcrossing cards.

1 Like