MELBOURNE: 1 October 2023 - World Postcard Day

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Melbourne
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Collins Place food court, 45 Collins St, Melbourne
:calendar: DATE: Sunday, 1 October 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 2 - 4 pm

It’s time to celebrate World Postcard Day!

Collins Place , 45 Collins St Melbourne. Very close to Parliament Station, and the 11, 12, 35, 48 and 109 trams all stop close by.

Meet in the downstairs food hall. We will be sitting near the juice shop, close to the Exhibition Street entrance.

Bring along anything fun you’ve received that you’d like to show off - new maxicards, nice cancellations, rare countries, etc.

CARD RAFFLE

Please bring along a couple of blank cards to add to our prize pool, and we will have a raffle amongst everyone who attends.

CARDS

I will organise a meet up card for the day, for the cost of printing (around 50 cents each, to be confirmed). I’ll update once the card design is finalised.

Anyone else is welcome to do one too.

RSVP

@KoalaPost (maybe)
@blazingstar
@PekoPekoKuma
@secondhandrose
@princessnot
@emmawon
leah (main site)

6 Likes

Here is the meet up card.

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME WITH SWAP REQUESTS!

If you want to swap for this card, please post in the thread with your offer, and any of our members who are interested can contact you.

Please check the postal monitor here to make sure Australia can send to your country and vice versa.

3 Likes

Reserved

I would love to swap with someone attending the Melbourne event. I’d love to swap a QLD QPD card :slight_smile:

i am willing to trade with you XD

Hi! I would love to swap. I’ll be at the Meetup Florianópolis - SC, Brazil

Here’s the card I have for trade (will be mailed on 2nd October, mail offices are closed here for the weekend):

2 Likes

Hi Samara, I’m happy to trade with you. I have your address from the WPD swap we’ve already arranged.

Hey @nephthys51 and @PekoPekoKuma - rather than organising one-on-one swaps, are you happy if we organise a swap for both whole groups? I’m sure most people will want cards from the other meetings.

2 Likes

We can id need to talk to those attending especially as we are only a small group

Somebody will swap

-edit-
we decided to join what @helent has planned

1 Like

I would love the whole group swap, I’m excited to see what other states have :smiley: Excited!

2 Likes

Group swap thread:

1 Like

I will be there :blush:

1 Like

Updated. Thank you @secondhandrose for swapping with me!

Summary

My WPD offers:

Hugs from China!
I would love to swap.
My offers include cards of postcrossing Shanghai. If anyone is interested in and swap with me, I would be glad :smiley:

1 Like

Hello! Would anyone like to swap a meetup card with me for WPD here in India? I have official WPD cards and we are also working on an India exclusive WPD design (but it hasn’t been finalized yet). :slight_smile:

Hugs from China!
I would love to swap.
My offers include cards of postcrossing Shanghai. If anyone is interested in and swap with me, I would be glad :smiley:

I would love to swap so please message me an address that will reach you.
I’d like one of the first card ‘Hello from Veliky Hovgorod’. If you could include a Russian stamp that would be appreciated but if this is not possible that’s fine too.

1 Like

I’m happy to swap with you. Please message me your address.