:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Bookplate, National Library of Australia
:calendar: DATE: 1st October, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

• Write cards for world postcard day
  • Show and tell fun things from your postcard/philatelic collection
  • Trading cards from your stash that you may not like anymore
  • Celebrate WPD in style!

The time has come for a meetup in the ACT! It’s my first WPD, so I thought I would organise a meetup for us all to celebrate this wonderful hobby together. If you have a better idea of a location, let me know! I’m pretty new around here so I don’t have a great knowledge of good meeting places.

There will be a meetup card for this! We hope to have it in collaboration with some of the other meetups happening in Australia for WPD. Maybe it’ll be something else though, more info coming soon! We’ll organise ordering the cards, how many cards each person wants, etc. later.

Please RSVP in the comments or PM, and I’ll add you to the list below!

RSPV:
@Midnight4225
@Keika97
@jessyp

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

3 Likes

I’m not looking like I can make this meetup at present.

I’ll tag some fellow Territorians, in case they’ve missed this:
@Maggie_Maisie, @BACHfamily, @Keika97

And:
@missmelbourne
@IndigoAngel

Just in case! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey that sounds like fun! Please put me down as a tentative yes for now and I will be able to confirm closer to the date - thanks so much @Tinkatutu Sam for sharing!

2 Likes

That’s sounds great!
I’ll participate :partying_face:

1 Like

Hello! Here is the card design that @helent has designed for our event. You can see the Melbourne WPD event page for the Melbourne version of the card! I’ll order some prints of the card that we can share evenly between everyone who comes.
If you’re not coming to the event and you’d like to swap for the card, put it in this thread too!
I’m planning to get some postmarked with the Belconnen Big Powerful Owl postmarks.
I’m looking forward to the meet up!!

4 Likes

Omigosh this is a cute design!
Can’t wait to see everyone in the meetup✨

I’d love to swap this card for the Queensland one… ours will be a small meetup

3 Likes

Of course! We can organise swaps so that everyone from every meet up receives all 3 cards!

1 Like

Can we swap

Natuurlijk! You can DM me

I would really like to come along to the meetup too! I’m moving to Canberra at the end of September and would love to meet more postcrossers :relaxed:

2 Likes

Sounds great! I’ll add you to the list!

Updated. Thank you @Midnight4225 for arranging a swap with me!

Summary

My WPD offers:

1 Like

Hugs from China!
I would love to swap.
My offers include cards of Shanghai or other China cities. If anyone is interested in and swap with me, I would be glad :smiley:

Hello to you amazing Aussies! Would anyone like to swap a meetup card with me for WPD here in India? I have official WPD cards and we are also working on an India exclusive WPD design (but it hasn’t been finalized yet). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Canberians!
I live in Geelong, and would usually be at the Melbourne meetup, but am actually going to be travelling in the USA for this WPD, so I’ve organised my own meetup over there. Any chance someone would like to swap with me? I would love a big pineapple! Happy to send you a card from my meetup in the USA, or something else from your wishlist.
Thanks,
Gabby.

2 Likes

Hello dear Postcrosser,

my name is Tanja and I live in Berlin,

Who would trade this Meetupcard with me? In return the person will also get a Meetupcard from Germany.

Love greetings TanjaS

Swap partner found :sparkling_heart:

May we all have wonderful WPD meetups :hugs:

If you are going to the Canberra meet up, and want to swap with Queensland and Canberra for the matching cards, please check out this thread:

To everyone coming: I’m sat in the booth by the corner!