:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

The last posposcard send for me . Ucrania to España

4 Likes

I have just checked after reading your post @CaesarPiratacaribe , and Spain still mails to Ukraine, which doesn’t mean that it will stop at any moment.

3 Likes

You seem to have misunderstood the message about Germany, as you’ve put them down as not sending to Ukraine when they still do.

1 Like

Mail can’t be sent from Norway to Ukraine.

An Etsy seller in Kharkiv, Ukraine says her post office is closed. Not sure if this is a country-wide thing or just her area :frowning: Watch this story by Sock blockers, knit pattern on Instagram before it disappears.

(This is a story link and will expire in 18 hours. I have a screenshot I can share if confirmation is needed later)

Hi, I don’t know who reported the change for Romania, but they are mistaken. It’s the same situation as it was for Australia a few months ago - for the listed countries, only airmail (priority) is allowed.

I’m posting from my phone, but I’ll try to add the links for this.

I’ve posted here and here about the priority/snail mail issue for Australia.

The announcement here says that correspondence (postcards) to the 12 countries listed is now airmail only.

Thanks and sorry this is super confusing :slight_smile:

@lamelemon Oops, sorry! thank you for pointing that out. I fixed the mistakes.
Those countries no longer have non-priority services but they have priority (which is airmail in your country) = switching from DA to NU category, correct?

@daymark Welcome to the forum!
I was not clear, so I edited the first post. We update Postal Monitor based on information provided by postal agencies (post office, government, etc.)
Also we cover country-to-country suspension, but do not handle city-based suspensions.
I hope you Etsy friend will stay safe :heart:

@borealis @anon39837032
I knew Germany was still sending to Ukraine, but Germany-Ukraine and France-Ukraine were added to Postal Monitor to be on the preventive side.

Germany has many active members sending many postcards. If Germany-Ukraine route is suddenly blocked, there will be more returned/rejected/missing postcards.

France is a bit different. They already suspended parcel services to Ukraine. We have to think over if it is a matter of time that letter post will be suspended as well.

It also gave us time to access the situation. Information was gathered and evaluated. Yet it is still a guess, Germany-Ukraine and France-Ukraine routes seemed to be managed and operative, so we removed them from Postal Monitor. :+1:

1 Like

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Austria, Belarus, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Romania, Ukraine.

Yes, exactly :slight_smile: thanks a lot for your hard work :hugs:

1 Like

Fyi (France): I had asked via chat if the official communication applies to letter mail as well and La Poste said this is the case indeed at the moment (overall suspension).
The title of the communication says ‘Sending and receiving letter mail / parcels (Ukraine)’.
I asked them if they can clarify this in the message below the title as well.
Overall, they tend to update business-related info more regularly.

1 Like

I think everybody who sends mail to UA or RU should add the returning address on the postcard as things can change very fast.

I’ll scan my cards to both countries (picture and written side) and will contact my partners when the cards expire to ask if they want me to send it via e-mail. I would not show my postcard ID as I never ask to register a postcard when it hasn’t arrived. And if cards get returned I’ll keep them to send again whenever it’s possible.

As it looks like almost no flights to or from RU and UA are possible now, mail will take more time than normal - and RU always has been slow to some regions.

5 Likes

Pos Malaysia have suspended outbound mail services to Ukraine on their official Facebook account :

3 Likes

train, lorry, …

1 Like

They could send it through a 3rd country, but I imagine there will be a big update on the postal monitor tomorrow. I wouldn’t draw any addresses until that happens.

Postal Monitor was updated for:
France, Korea (South), Malaysia.

@Violet2022 France-Ukraine was added to Postal Monitor.
Thank you for contacting La Poste for the verification!

2 Likes

As of today, 28 February, Norway is not sending post to Russia.

1 Like

As today, Italy will not send tto Russia

2 Likes

Macedonia has also suspended mail to Russia

3 Likes

Cape Verde:cape_verde:
mail for Slovenia can be delivered (just received card from there)

Slovenia:slovenia:
Tajikistan is again on suspended list (source - 28.2.2022)

2 Likes